Ford GT powered Turbo Lightning build

ade a few small changes, rerouted the coolant tube, turbo blanket, added a bigger air filter, and new tbody and linkage.

21nfek5.jpg

23vn8tw.jpg

b7f0xv.jpg

Looks like the wastegate tubing is going to need to be fixed, I took it out tonight and it made 10psi on the 7psi spring.

Any suggestions on placing the wastegate differently and rerouting this? Dual wastegates?

gallery_3_29_21848.jpg

Wastegate looks fine. You have to remember the boost psi from the spring is not exact, just close. The way to tell if you need to change something is if you get boost creep. Like power braking at the starting line, or at full throttle and you watch the boost keep rising. like a 7psi spring, make 10psi, but you are at 15 psi by the end of the run.

I'm with skidmark..........the placement is good....and my tials never were 100% dead on only 85% acurate.....but I run 2 wastegates....and my boost never creeps up.......why not put a waste gate on the other pipe it looks like you have room to?

if you do get the boost creep then I would recommend installing a second one..if not then just play with the springs.....

Damn dude, I can't believe its done. Its been a while since I've talked to you or seen your build, but I'm glad your almost done. I'd love to meet up, I'm in south florida for the summer, then back to the ville for my last semester. Either way, I hope to see the truck in person some day.

work of art my friend.
how much longer till you can put the tools down and enjoy your masterpiece?

work of art my friend.
how much longer till you can put the tools down and enjoy your masterpiece?

I enjoyed about 1200 miles on it until June 10th, on that day I moved up to NYC to start my new job, and the truck has stayed behind in FL. :cr1: :cr1: :cr1: :cr1:

I'll see how things go here before making any permanent changes, but it looks like the truck will stay south for now and I may move it up to a storage unit or similar outside the city in 6-8 months.

(Dear pitstain, let me park it at your house)

edit: also, I'll see if I can get my friend to take some pictures for me, the truck now has a divorced wastegate setup with a cherry bomb muffler on the wastegate, it works great.

Can't wait til you get to drive it again man. I know it would be killing me not to. Make sure to post up a video of a drive. Always has been a dream to do what you did to your L.

wanna hear more, i been reading but i cant hold my tongue any longer!! i want a road test video. how much power you think u will have?
how much money invested?

Well guys, I finally got the truck to the dyno now that I am back in Miami over the holidays. We didn't get as far as I expected, but it was great to see that mostly everything works right and it makes a decent bit of power.

DSCN0945.JPG

We started out with the truck as it sat, 9 psi of boost and all the hookups as they were before. 16 degrees of timing, and we had to let out as the MAF maxed out almost right away, around 5k rpm.

DSCN0949.JPG

After the MAFIA was adjusted to give us enough range, it was time to rev it up higher and see how things went. It gained 3 psi by being able to rev higher, still at 16 degrees of timing. We got 625 rwhp and 537 rwtq, but had to call it a day after reaching that. The computer wasn't following commands to add more fuel up high and gave us a couple strange error codes, so we decided to follow up on that issue rather than hurt anything by trying to turn it up higher.

600 hp is nothing to sneeze at, so we celebrated with a little burnout (which the cameraman missed by standing under the light and washing everything out) and followed up with dinner afterwards.

A million thanks again to Torrie for making the trip down to Miami, I can't say enough good things about his tuning knowledge and great service.

Here's the video I know you're all going to skip straight to.

YouTube - GT Powered Turbo L - Dyno

we where sad we left the dyno with only enough power to smoke the silly drag radials and not the large slicks at home waiting for track day and more boost.

Back