Ford GT powered Turbo Lightning build

mistergadget

RaceTested 11 Second Club
Ford GT powered Turbo Lightning build *new pics 11/21*

As some of you may know, I've been collecting parts for about 2 and a half years now to build a turbo lightning. It's been an on and off process and further delayed by my swapping parts and buying other toys along the way. :hide:

Now that I finally have most of my core items together or on the way, here's a build thread to share.

The truck is apart and coughed up most everything for the motor to be pulled already as you can see.

DSCN0403.JPG

I'll be pulling it out tuesday evening, I only have to undo the driver's side motor mount and pull off the hood and it'll be free.

I slid the bed back to start working on the fuel system, I need to have the pickup modified and welded up.

Now for the pictures I know everyone really wants to see

longblock

P1010004.JPG

Intake manifold (I still need to make fuel rails, a bonnet, and the intercooler, I think i can get 2 out of 3 done in the next 2 weeks)

DSCN0382.JPG

And I also started building my headers

DSCN0391.JPG

DSCN0394.JPG

That's it for now, I hope to have a bunch more in the coming weeks. :tug:

Last edited:
wow, what a nice long block! let me get this straight you are going to use 16 injectors??? or am i seeing something else?

Danny

lightningDan said:
wow, what a nice long block! let me get this straight you are going to use 16 injectors??? or am i seeing something else?

Danny

Yep. I'm not looking forward to wiring it :help:

this could be one of the best install threads EVER! cant wait to see it all done. what is the eta of completetion?
Willy

mistergadget said:
Snail is in the mail :beanie:

You bought a BWA turbo from Jose at FI....didn't you ?? I can't wait to see some pics of that. I'm interested in those turbo's alot.

Everything else looks first class

Dale

I think he's putting a Borg Warner (AirWerks) turbo on it. I hope something like a S595 but I think he said it was a 400 series.

Back