Yawn....

TTA89

Forced Induction Addict
Time for this section to wake up!! What are there? 5 of us that Auto X out there? lol

I have am picking up a TCE Brake Kit tomorrow, Hotckis Sways are on order and I'm ordering QA1s and asking for spring advice from Stan next week.

Just got 555 Nittos on the Front and Drags on the back yesterday. Wow does it handle alot better than the 23K mile F1s that were on it!

I was reading through some old threads about some of you guys beating BMWs and such. Awesome, I would love to get to that point!

I ran my truck stock all last year and couldnt catch the Cobra guys, I'm hoping I put up more of a fight this year. I think the biggest problem is the brakes would fade 1/2 way around. Our courses are long and fast. 1.6 miles long and over 2 min long.

Anyone do anything over the Winter? I just signed up for 6 Auto X's and saw another club I can jump into 2 more. Plus I plan to do a few Open Track days.
:dp:

Hey Mike
I just signed up for 4 of the autocrosses so you won't be the only one out there. Sounds like your really going for it this year! I'm hoping to have some new swaybars for the 2nd autocross. I just lowered it in the front about 1.5" & the back about 2". Just need to get the front end aligned up. I used the Ground force front springs because I'm going to drag it too. So I didn't want to have it ride to stiff on the street and not transfer the weight to the rear at the drags on launch. Do you know if they are going to have a map of the autocrosses or do they change them ever time.

I doubt there will be a map, the course is different every time. Which is nice, so there isn't an advantage to the guys that go to every one.

I'm glad there will be a few of us out there this year! We need to keep the Cobra guys in check ;)

So you like the Nittos. You have drag's on the back for autocrossing? are they going to take the side forces that are going to be put on them? best of both worlds HMMmmmmm.

Lots of people have been running 4 of them since they stick so well when they are hot.

The last Auto X a friend of mine won his class with a set of drags on the back :)

They handle great, they need heat though. They are terrible when cold or when its cold out.

1.6 mile autocross?? Holy Mackerel!

I guess you're not too worried about going up into a Street Prepared or Modified class, huh?

Yeah the Auto X's are huge, we don't run SCCA style. Its basically Mustang Novice, Mustang Advanced, Lightning and Focus and thats it.

Its run what you brung and have fun.

;g

It's would only be about a 5 hr ride to Ayer Ma for you.

P.S. Hey Mike are you running your Nittos this weekend? Russ has a new set of Nittos and I bought Russ F-1's. Dont sound like Ricks going to make it this weekend He has to go up to his camp in Vt.

Last edited:
I would be willing to drive up to two hours, so let me know if anything comes to NJ, PA, or NY, and I'll be there.

Back