Xcal2 On-Device Datalogging, WHAT am I doing wrong!???

ZZZZAP

striking twice
Ok, so I'm trying to get some datalog info so JJ can adjust/fine tune my e-mail tune. However, my Xcal2 is being a major pain in the butt. I can setup the datalog file ok with LiveLink, the file will initialize and begin displaying the chosen parameters when linked to the truck, but when I transfer the log file to the PC all I get are 0's right across the board. All I do is hit "cancel" on the xcal to stop the datalogging, is this right?? I'm getting extremely frustrated at the moment. :mad:

I think it is an issue with Livelink4. The only way I could get any datalogging done was to create the logfile with Livelink4, datalog, and then import it using Livelink3. Everytime I used Livelink4 to import the logfile it would show up as all 0's like nothing was recorded. When I imported with Livelink3 and saved the file, then and only then could I view it with Livelink4.

It's Version 4.0 Build 9. I'm still having an issue with not getting any voltage reading from my bank2 O2 sensor. JJ e-mailed me yesterday and said I might have an unplugged or bad 02 sensor since the xcal isn't seeing any voltage. Well I replaced the bank2 (drivers side) O2 sensor this morning and still am not seeing any voltage. :mad: The SCT forums have been absolutely no help either.

It's Version 4.0 Build 9. I'm still having an issue with not getting any voltage reading from my bank2 O2 sensor. JJ e-mailed me yesterday and said I might have an unplugged or bad 02 sensor since the xcal isn't seeing any voltage. Well I replaced the bank2 (drivers side) O2 sensor this morning and still am not seeing any voltage. :mad: The SCT forums have been absolutely no help either.

Are you using upper case or lower case parameters? Try uppercase, I have not had a problem reading bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 O2 voltage readings useing Live Link.

I will talk to SCT about the support issues. If there is something specific that you have a complaint about I can let them know.

Have you worked with anyone specific at SCT? what were their name(s)? What problems are you having?

I haven't been able to do any on-device datalogging. I sent my xcal to SCT to be checked and was told it was OK but that they tested it on a mustang:headscratch:. I have been in contact with both Ryan and Andy.
I'll pm you more...thanks

sorry for the:hijacked:

Under "O2_sensor" in Livelink I have no uppercase parameters. There are 2 "o2_voltage_bank2_front" parameters and I get errors with both when initializing the data capture. It's kinda weird because for bank2 I have 2 front and 2 rear parameters, but for bank1 I have 3 front and 3 rear parameters. I just updated the firmware to v. 1.15 per Andy @ SCT but I still get errors with bank2.
The complaint I have about the SCT forums is the lack of responses, I know they can't foresee alot of problems but at least some kind of response would be nice. I did many searches trying to find some kind of info and I found more questions than answers.

I took a screenshot of the "O2_sensor" parameters. The selected PID's on the screen (i didn't try the top 2 sensor 3's) are the only one's that would not give me an error. The top 2 were correct and are for bank1 front, however, the second 2 are actually bank2 front. I haven't seen any uppercase values anywhere, although I could be looking at the wrong thing.

No worries, I figured it out. I was only putting in the first FOUR letters of my strategy, not five. I see all the DMR's now.
me ---> :chair: <--- myself

Back