Wow ... We're Dissed By FordParts.com

bumperquip

https://parts.ford.com/en.html

Maybe I haven't, over the years, actually purchased on ton of stuff through this Ford sponsored and maintained parts resource, but I sure have used and have very much appreciated the information that's been housed there as far as P/Ns, part names and exploded-view graphics. This site has been a really nice resource for me for quite some time.

I hadn't accessed the site for a while since, for a time, it seemed as though access was restricted to only dealers and repair shops ... not quite sure if that was truly the case or I was just doing something wrong but I had been unable to get in.

Anyway, I was looking for some P/N information this morning and tried the site once again. It's up, it's been refreshed and it seems to work just fine.

However, I've found that now the '93-'96 F150 has been completely excluded from any listings ... the site even tells me that, as far as it's concerned, my VIN is invalid.

Mother-f**k !!

There is absolutely nothing good about this getting older sh**.

Rant off ...

Ron, that is BS. I noticed that too when I went to look for ball joints. For the heck of it, i wanted to see if i could get OEM ones. I was a bit aggravated too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve noticed the steady decline in the number of 93-95 parts that showed up in my searches there as they winnowed their online catalog. The geek in me is saying “hey, it’s just a few million 1s and 0s and storage is cheap so why wipe it all out?” but the pragmatist in me understands that it doesn’t make sense from a business perspective to maintain a database of parts that you no longer make or sell. Just glad we were able to get as much from the site as we did over the last few years!

Good news is you can still search for 93-95 Bronco parts, so there’s lots of non-L stuff available thataway.

(Not that Steve83 will care since he NEVER buys anything new!)

Last edited:
Actually, I've been giving them feedback for a few months about things they could change. I was pleasantly surprised when I got an e-mail a few weeks ago saying the site would be down for a while, but back soon with new login requirements. But I was disappointed when I logged in, and all "my vehicles" were gone, and I couldn't register their VINs. But they're supposedly working on fixing that, and adding back the old F150s...

And yes - I LOVE buying new Ford/MC parts! I just don't get the chance very often because so few of them are still being made. Broncos are almost as much "redheaded stepchildren" compared to F150s as Ls are. When I find new parts, I try to edit their PNs & links (usually Amazon) into my captions so they're easier to find next time (if they're still available).

Back