Wow do I need some tires!!!

C.J.in a tj

You better get on it!
Anybody got any old slicks for sale? Or 15" wheels that will fit the lightning?

They was racing a couple weeks ago down the street in front of my shop and tonight it was going down again.... so after watching for a little while and a visit from a local law enforcement officer (A friend of the guys down the rd that i used to work for:thumbup:) i decided I would try a lil.

First was a friend of my ex boss... 70 Chevy P/U with a big block and about a 610 Hyd roller and a set of slicks. I figured he would beat me but I didnt know it would only be because of me spinning.... All the way into 3rd:blink: while I was spinning I think he pulled about 2 lengths on me and when it finally got traction and shifted back to 2nd I think I started closing the gap a lil but we ran out of road. Then I ran a 03 vette and thought I would roll into the throttle. Well it didnt help so we ran again and I just laid into it and the same thing happened as with the truck. I think I could have had them if i coulda hooked up.

Zak didnt you try some VHT or something once? How did that work out? You should come down here one night and run that truck cause i'm sure there is a lot of trash talking about lightnings going on down there now:rolleyes: There was also a Caprice with a set of slicks and hub caps that smoked everyone.

I got some 15''ET Drags, they are older but they are ET Drags. When do they race down there. I am sure I could round a Lightning or 4 that would hurt some feelings.

1 Whipple Truck
1 KB Truck
1 Turbo truck (when its fixed)
1 Eaton truck that is waiting on a tune. (I gots new toys)

Its got a small cut in the tread. I was told it was ok, to still use them.
first501.jpg

first502.jpg

Last edited:
$100 and they are yours. 28x11.5x15 ET Drags I think Ryan R has a set of 15's but I dont know much about them.

Last edited:
Well the truck and the vette are buddys with my Ex-boss down the street so they are down there all the time and the guy with the caprice is supposed to live around here. So Im sure it would all be just a phone call away. Talked to the guy with the truck today and he said just let him know when yall would like to come down and he will call his buddy and find out when he is working.... If you know what I mean:thumbup: I got a big shop right here so if any body wants to change tires or anything that would be fine.

I have a buddy that was gonna let me borrow some slicks but they were 15s like those so I would still have to find some wheels. He is gonna let me have some 16 or 17" wheels if I can find some to go on those but I don't want to buy any new ones cause all I want to do is race one night and then put my regular tires back on. I just think I could beat him if it could hook up.

Wasnt it you that tried to use some track bite or something with street tires?

Here is some vid from the truck and caprice. My camera don't like the dark though:sigh:

YouTube - Street racing

YouTube - Street racing

The car jumped the gun on him the first time so we got a flagger. But he still whooped him.

Man I gave my old set to Cheyenne, he needed a set to put on his 16" mustang wheels. If you find a set of 15" wheels remember that your gonna have to grind your brake calipers to get them to fit.

Just buy some 555r's..I didn't know you still had that truck, I came and looked at it when you had it for sale. Post up when yall are gonna get together and run, I'm only 30 minutes from white hall

hmm. Come to Little Rock its only an hour from you then. Lots of people to run up here. I gots my tune, and it works great.

Ryan you need a blower port.

CJ get DR's the only thing that sucks about DR's is daily driving on them.

There is a set of Hoosier slicks & Baja's for sale for $500 in Sheridan. They are coming off for a set of Bogarts. He has maybe 15 passes on them.

hmm. Come to Little Rock its only an hour from you then. Lots of people to run up here. I gots my tune, and it works great.

who is there to race? everyone around here is a ***** and scared to be beat. i'm not doing anything else to my truck because its just throwing money away...if i wanna go fast ill get on the busa

Sams right, but you gotta find the right people to race. Randy is not going to race a truck, especially one he KNOWS is gonna kick his ***. There are lots of guys that will race, Black GTO, any of those TA's will race. Hell get on LS1tech if you want to find someone local to race. ARRides has a few guys that would race you guys.

I am going to continue to do stuff to my truck, not to make it fast, to make it more fun lol.

Just buy some 555r's..I didn't know you still had that truck, I came and looked at it when you had it for sale. Post up when yall are gonna get together and run, I'm only 30 minutes from white hall

Yeah I am just gonna keep it and use it for a shop truck. Nobody will buy these things anyway.
They are running even closer to you. In Pine Bluff.

If I can find a set of old ones to put on some of these 16s or 17s I will but I have to save some money for my new project:eek:ldtu: Shame its a Chevy though.

Ryan don't need sh*t :cool:

The lil eaton is blowin to the max, the only thing left that I can do to it is take it off, drop on twin screws... I'll let you figure it out

Thats what I am running is a ported 6lb lower. I got a 8lb laying in the floor if you want to try that lol. I am gonna need a new block before I get to crazy. I already got a set of heads waiting to get worked on, so I need a set of rods and pistons.

Naw thanks bro, I got access to an 8lb already. I just think It'll heat up the heaton to much, maybe not on spray though but then I would prolly be needin a new shortblock :nono:

I got everthing pretty much planned up in my mind but I ain't in no hurry.. Theres no one that can out run me here now much less if i spray or go built and screwed

Naw thanks bro, I got access to an 8lb already. I just think It'll heat up the heaton to much, maybe not on spray though but then I would prolly be needin a new shortblock :nono:

I got everthing pretty much planned up in my mind but I ain't in no hurry.. Theres no one that can out run me here now much less if i spray or go built and screwed

Did you ever go to prescott? I bet I would give you a run for your money. Come to Little Rock tonight there should be something out. (I got a kitchen pass)

It was cleaning day today man sorry. Its to cold for my stock block to be out playing now. Let me know in Feb, march and I will surely try to make an appearance down there.

zak, feb and march you can come find me we will see what this little stang will have in it...nevermind the whine and lope coming from it. its just a bad belt letting the power steering make noise and it needs all plugs and coils ;) ...lol

btw the L is for sale for 8500

Back