Working on Magnum Powers blower swap.

cbxer55

Well, having five days off, I started in on my MP swap on Wednesday. Pulled the entire intake back to the JLP plenum, a friend bought it and I wanted to get it to him.

Thursday, I first removed my upper cog pulley off the Eaton, then yanked the blower off. I was surprised that the ceramic coating was intact on my rotors after 68,000 miles, not a single flake of ceramic laying on top of the he. When I finally yanked the midplate, it was seriously dripping oil all over everything. What a mess. Funny thing is my JLP plenum and C & L elbow were dry. Plenum had what I think was EGR residue on the inside behind the EGR hole. That's it. I also relocated the power steering reservoir to the bracket I put on the fan shroud a few weeks ago and removed all the ps reservoir bracketry off the engine.

Friday yanked the stock heater hoses off as I am replacing them with those custom shorty hoses from SVT Tim. Also yanked the elbow off the back of the block and plugged it with a 3/8 NPT plug. Got to work cleaning the heat exchanger. Made the mistake of soaking it in Purple Power, when it came out and after rinsing, it has a white powdery appearance. Concerned I might have compromised it. But, I had a gallon of Marvel Mystery Oil in the garage, so I set the he in my oil drain pan and poured that MMO all over and through the fins. I repeated this a few times by pouring the MMO from my drain pan back into the bottle and pouring it over the he again. By the time I went to bed last night, it was looking all nice and clean and normal again.

Today will be installing the new heater hoses, the NGK TR6 spark plugs, and pulling the EGR tube off the exhaust. I have four new inter cooler hoses from SVT Tim. Once the plugs are done and the heater hoses on, the midplate goes back on and I'll get to work putting on the four new ic hoses. That'll likely be it for today.

Those heater hoses are one of the top 3 best (not mainstream) mods that exist on this planet for a gen 2 Lightning. Flexi COP screws and the 12fast4u console mod is about it. I haven’t done the console mod because of the little girls I have that love to ride with dad.

Got them heater hoses installed, no problemo. Got the plugs done, no problemo. Still working on cleaning the he since it didn't turn out the way I wanted the first time. I did pour some isopropyl alcohol through it, got a bunch of the MMO and a bunch of little white thingies, assuming to be left overs from the damn Purple Power screw up. Will get the midplate and he installed tomorrow, then set to work on the four new intercooler hoses. Once that's done, MP blower on, and wait for a fitting from SVT Tim to complete the elbow hoses.

Not ever doing the console mod.

Last edited:
Back