Wireless adjustable shocks and Poly Bushings

SVT4ME

Over the last few weeks I have done a few upgrades and thought I would share my progress.

First thing I did was to replace all of the front suspension bushings with energy suspension poly bushings. This included the control arms as well as the sway bar bushings and end links. When I did this I raised the truck up slightly to take a little bump steer out. I leveled the truck out to where the pivot points on the lower control arms were as close as possible to parallel the ground. This raised the truck about 3/4 of an inch. I can telll you I am very happy with the results. Bump steer is tamed way down and the front end feels so much more connected to the truck. There is a responsiveness it didn't have before. Also, the bushings compress less as the weight of the truck settles down on them, and allows the front end to be aligned a little easier.

The next thing I added was front and rear Rancho RS9000 shocks and their wireless remote "my ride" system for adjusting the shock settings. I thought this would have more impact than the bushings, but the bushings were actually the high point. However, the shocks set on sport setting are great for carving roads; the highway setting is really good for smoothing out the back on a bumpy highway. I'm looking forward to when I get a chance to go to the track and dial up a good race setting. I'd like to start with as loose as possible on the front (setting 1) to promote weight transfer, and somewhere mid-range for the rear, and tweaked from there.

I know there are no Lightning-specific shocks, but if anybody wants details of what I put in, I'd be glad to help out. Mods for the year are in and now it's time to play!

Did you have to buy everything individually or is there a kit for the front end bushings? I'm needing to do the front of my truck and I'm curious on a price.

Definately want to hear to what the cost of the bushing was and if there was a kit.

Include PNs also please.

Did you do new balljoints at the same time?

How long did the install take?

My 01 handles like deuce compared to my previous truck.

I'm running the RS9000 shocks and at the track I run the fronts on 1. If you have drag springs you might need to turn them up but that works with the ground force springs. As far as rear shocks I still don't think I have the ideal setting figured out but I started at 8 and that was too stiff. I turned down several passes and ended on 5. I think that is close but 6 may be better for my truck. I was on 6 when I got my best 60' of 1.521.

Did you have to buy everything individually or is there a kit for the front end bushings? I'm needing to do the front of my truck and I'm curious on a price.

There is one kit for the controle arms and one for the sway bar. Same for the rear but I have not updated the rear.

Front Sway Bar Bushings and End Links - 31MM
•Part Number: 4.5188
Front Control Arm Bushings
•Part Number: 4.3158

I got them from energysuspensionparts.com I think all items cost around $120.

It is a interesting job to get the old bushings our. Fire up th e torch!! The kits had verry good instructions and where verry complete including the grease for the bushings.

Definately want to hear to what the cost of the bushing was and if there was a kit.

Include PNs also please.

Did you do new balljoints at the same time?

How long did the install take?

My 01 handles like deuce compared to my previous truck.

I did not need or replace the ball joints. Part #s included in previous post.

John, was your truck lowered at all? Wondering how the Ranchos would work on mine. How hard to install? RS9000XLs?
Dr. Matt can chime in with any info he feels might be helpful. I'm running the FRRP Ground Force front springs and rear shackles.
Thanks Guys.

Back