Wipple & emissions?

Dr. Matt

JJ,

Are the Wipple's emissions legal? I have a built motor on the way from DMP and plan on running the stock blower at first but next summer I would like to upgrade to a bigger blower. I know the KB's are not legal but I've heard contradictory answers regarding the W.
I don't mind doing a little work to pass the smog test every other year but I do not want it to be a huge hassle. I am putting on all of the supporting mods now with the new motor so I will be set up other than the blower and tune(60# injectors, pumps, MAFIA, SBTB, Exh., etc.). I am using a mild enough cam that it will not have a real lope at idle so I think I can play that off. I know my 60# injector are not legal but they don't check those, however, an aftermarket blower will be a lot more obvious than ported heads and the other mods.
If they are legal can you PM me with some prices for a setup with the cost of a tune?

Dr. Matt said:
JJ,

Are the Wipple's emissions legal? I have a built motor on the way from DMP and plan on running the stock blower at first but next summer I would like to upgrade to a bigger blower. I know the KB's are not legal but I've heard contradictory answers regarding the W.
I don't mind doing a little work to pass the smog test every other year but I do not want it to be a huge hassle. I am putting on all of the supporting mods now with the new motor so I will be set up other than the blower and tune(60# injectors, pumps, MAFIA, SBTB, Exh., etc.). I am using a mild enough cam that it will not have a real lope at idle so I think I can play that off. I know my 60# injector are not legal but they don't check those, however, an aftermarket blower will be a lot more obvious than ported heads and the other mods.
If they are legal can you PM me with some prices for a setup with the cost of a tune?

Yes, a Whipple is emissions legal.

Give me call and we can talk about details and pricing.

JJ@WMS

Back