Window Staining Help (Hard Water/Etching)

Smoked93

Word em up
I am trying to get off what is water spots hardened on the rear slider. Any ideas on anything to help remove them

Try some Brasso on a damp micro fiber cloth.
0040617879969_LG.jpg

If that doesn't work, try some Bon Ami scouring powder.
pACE-953515reg.jpg

If that doesn't work, try automotive polishing compound (white) followed by Brasso.

If that doesn't work, try automotive rubbing compound (red), followed by polishing compound (white), followed by Brasso.

If none of those work, PM me. There's another means but it's gonna require some bench chemistry.

If all else fails BFH and number to a good glass shop always works!!!!!

;k :stirpot:

Trust me I am all about the easy way out! Only problem is this the original glass and the selling dealer had all the windows etched with the vin. If all else fails trust me I have a 10 pound sledge.

I used brasso with no luck so I purchased something called A1 hard water remover. Worked like a charm with some help with a buffer. Looks like new. It was only like $15 for a qt.

I used brasso with no luck so I purchased something called A1 hard water remover. Worked like a charm with some help with a buffer. Looks like new. It was only like $15 for a qt.

Rick,

Where did you purchase the A1 stuff? Can you post a link?

Also, if it worked well, can you post up a little procedural write up with any tips, tricks or cautions?

I'm try to make sure we keep good resto product info and how-tos posted for everyone.

Picked up here
Colker Company - Online Shopping

Was real easy to apply it is non acid based so prep was minimal. You will want a white 3m scuff pad put a little on and apply like you would wax. It is liquid so it goes a long way, really old spots(like mine) will require a hand buffing machine. Once I broke out the buffer it took me maybe an hour to do the whole truck using a 1/2 pt. Now my windows looks like new again! I am a messy person with a buffer and sprayed residue everywhere so no worries just wash your vehicle afterwards just rinsing wont work. I talked to the Colker company before hand and they were vary helpful. Recommended A1 and said if it didn’t work to try Winsol only be careful as it is acid based. Hope this helps any questions just ask.

I have used Bar Keepers Friend, the liquid bottle, many times with a lot of luck. I basically polish the glass with it after I wet the glass down before I wash the car/ truck.

Back