Widest rear wheel on 93

Black1993

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and I have been searching for a couple days now but no certain answer or direction.

I have a stock 93 and I want to put the widest 17" wheel and tire combo on the rear of the truck as possible without tubs or moderate modifications. I brought to truck with 2000 Lightning wheels on it and would love to get 17x10 or wider...if it is even possible.

Anyone know the widest rear wheel that can be put on a 1st gen?

Thx

I have the same idea in mind for mine, Black1993. Some WIDE 17s. What wheels/tires are you looking at if you don't mind me asking?

I REALLY want some Bogarts but don't think I want to fork over 2-2.5 k for a set.. I may just widen my stock wheels a couple of inches.

I have the same idea in mind for mine, Black1993. Some WIDE 17s. What wheels/tires are you looking at if you don't mind me asking?

I REALLY want some Bogarts but don't think I want to fork over 2-2.5 k for a set.. I may just widen my stock wheels a couple of inches.

By the time you send the wheels away to have widened and put the only two tire that would fit and look good in my opinion are from MandH 325/45/17 or 390/40/17 you would have close to 2k. If you weren't trying to stay with the stock look I would just bite the bullet go for the Bogarts or Racelines and open up more tire options!

Good question and topic.

Not to derail or to overtake the thread, but my question goes along with OP. I'm looking to slam the truck, can 10 wide fit all the way to the top of the wheel well (I know it narrows) or should I look into something a little skinnier or maybe try and get a factory look widening the well? (I know there is a thread around here of someone doing a great mini tub mod that will make it look stock in bed)

Guess the thread is a few months old lol but guess better than starting a new one.

Good question and topic.

Not to derail or to overtake the thread, but my question goes along with OP. I'm looking to slam the truck, can 10 wide fit all the way to the top of the wheel well (I know it narrows) or should I look into something a little skinnier or maybe try and get a factory look widening the well? (I know there is a thread around here of someone doing a great mini tub mod that will make it look stock in bed)

Guess the thread is a few months old lol but guess better than starting a new one.
Check my thread "New Attitude" for pics of my just slammed '93 L with 15x10 Racelines with 315/60/15's I've got 2 fingers clearance at the fender lip. As Copperhead stated, perfect.

Jr. I am right there with you....idk when affordable wheels became $400+ each but its killing me. I had my eye on the bogarts too...something with 5 spokes maybe. or even a set of Welds or centerline20100422151005_rev.jpgbut again the availability and pricing sucks. How is your searching going? most of mine turns up "rock crawler wheels. My truck current has 99 L wheel but the ride is a monster so i'm hoping that going back to a 17 with more sidewall will easy the pain a little.

Back