Who got 1994 Official Indy Truck White Lightning?

I don't think any of them have ever registered with NLOC.

I'm not even sure if those pace trucks were ever sold to the general public, at least in their official pace truck form.

I suspect that they either were stripped of their pace truck paraphnelia before sale or met the same fate as the prototype stepside and Bronco gen1 Lightnings.

CRUSHER,
CL

there is at least one running around. there was some talk on here a while back about it. i wanted to try and buy it off of the fellow but i havent been able to contact him. he lives right by ft. polk in louisiana.

I wish we could get replica decals made of what came on the truck, I would love to do a clone with my white 1994.

I read a preview page from the SVT recognition guide and it said that there was one prototype lightning that started out as a Black test mule... was repainted red for a photoshoot for Ford media/brochures, than was repainted again white to test the color for model year 1994....

when that was said and done and since 1994 Cobra convertibles were official Indy 500 pace cars, Ford was to provide other vehicles for Indy 500 staff to use for the event... so the Lightning, in its white color was chosen... 12 were made, most were crushed afterwards. However the recognition guide goes on to say that 9 trucks were made for sale to the public which included the hand cut stickers on the side that read "Official Indy Pace Truck"

--Russ

It's NOT a pace truck, the word "pace" doesn't appear on it. Just "Indy 500 Official Truck" - they were pit mules, not pace vehicles.

I've seen 4 different ones over the years... have pictures of two of them.

24027-852-14358.jpg

I know there is the decal across the windshield, one across each door, and one on the bed side, are there any other decals that were on the truck. I mean it would not be hard to get the decals made, it is just a question of legality, and wether or not people would tear you up for doing it, and not being factory.

The decal on the windshield says FORD TRUCK. I don't think that there would be any legal hassles with reproducing the decals....

BTW, Ford also made an "Official Truck" in '79. ;)

JFX

The only thing I need to get is the measurements on the size of the decals, so I can get them made to the correct size.

THanks Fastford, Never knew about the one on the rear window and the one on the gate.

You dont have a close up of the ones on the bedsides do you?

I remember seeing one at the track in englishtown, nj and i have a poster of it . They seem like it would be a really neat truck. Nothing besides decals was done to them right?

I doubt it...

I meant to post Indy Truck, but somehow Pace slipped into that sentence.

too bad no one owns one on this site.

--Russ

Have you tried calling the track and see if they have any pic of any of the trucks. I was there this last spring with a friend that has a pace corvette and he was able to buy pic of the vette at different angles so see if the decals where put on right or to see in the car was involve in any accident seen he bought the car used. I forgot all about the lightning indy truck when I was there just all that history wow.:eek:

I think theres one in Ohio or atleast there was. If I had known how rare they are at the time I would have bought it but they were asking 21k for it. But then again it only had 17 miles on it.

Back