Where to run 1/4 in southern california?

lkatya

built KB 2.6H
Help! I've spent the last two years building my 01L. Finally got that KB 2.6 dialed in. Big thanks to JLP, Swansons and the endless info posted here! But now I found out my local track, Los Angeles County Raceway is closed. I used to love street racing but the police have gotten quite serious about that here, and I don't want to lose my truck. Any suggestions? I'm anxious to finally dip into the 10sec club.:thumbup:

I've been wondering the same thing ever since I moved down here. All I can find are 1/8 mile tracks. I hear pomona is good but only open to the public twice a year or something.

I am trying to find a nice 1/4 mile as well. Does anyone know of a good 1/4 mile track?

I heard a rumor that LACR might re-open. The altitude just there, like 3500 feet above sea level.....kills our et's...but its better than nothing. Of course it's pretty far from temecula!

Yeah it is a bit of a drive. But it seems like the only option if it reopens. Maybe we just need to get a bunch of local guys together and build our own track.

-Fonatana is decent, gets crowded.
-Irwindale has great track prep...but only 1/8th mile
-LACR closed...and was terrible last time i was there before it closed
-Famoso (bakersfield) is good if you run at night. still warm.

Otherwise my favorite track is Sacramento.

oops...brought up dead thread. Sorry!

Back