Whats the cost????

bulld09

So what is the cost of this beast?? If it is still the same Ford won't be able to make enough of them. I just hope they don't screw the working guy and make it $45-$50, because I'll just wait for that new Mustang. But if they can keep it at $35-$40 I'm sold.:tu:

I was wondering this myself. I think the truck is pretty cool. The problem is that is has a lot of technology in it (Supercharged DOHC V8, Six-speed manual, Independent Rear Suspension, etc.). I hope they can keep the cost to a limit of around $35,000 because to me that is one of the most impressive things about the previous Lightnings. All that performance for a very reasonable amount of cash.

My guess is.....

At least $40k sticker. With all the changes and performance upgrades still a bargain of sorts. Sign me up. :D

BTJ

Last edited:
Think they are just going to give you all that extra stuff for free? You guys are dreamin. Got to be over $40k. Its twice the technology that we currently have, (and twice as ugly as any new truck).

Last edited:
If they put everything in the new L they say, then I suspect it will cost well over 40k. Why did they chop the top ? :rolleyes: Exhaust tips coming out the side of the fender ?? :rolleyes: And why did Ford design the new F150 with a foot of extra body behind the door ? ? Isn't that what the Ex-Cab is for ? Sheesh can't even get a regular cab pickup anymore. Chevy is looking better and better.;c

I'm sure they'll try to keep it under 40k. But I'm not sure they'll make it. Then there's that "fair market value" crap. Same thing the SRT boys will go through.

The new chevy SS will apeal to alot more people at 12k+ less than the new L, not to mention the new chevy is a better lookin truck imo, of course the L will kill it in every way stock, but throw 5k in mods at it and hmmmm, LPE has already got a S10 on street tires low 10's on pump gas, and we all know how deadly those LPE vettes are, wait til they get there hands on the new truck

Superskwrl said:
The new chevy SS will apeal to alot more people at 12k+ less than the new L, not to mention the new chevy is a better lookin truck imo, of course the L will kill it in every way stock, but throw 5k in mods at it and hmmmm, LPE has already got a S10 on street tires low 10's on pump gas, and we all know how deadly those LPE vettes are, wait til they get there hands on the new truck

That S10 has a bit more than $5k in mods done to it. It's been converted to AWD and is twin turbo. With a price of about $130k. Hardly a bargain.

Ahh he's just another
troll1.gif
starting trouble.:rolleyes:

Before I bought my '02 last fall, I couldn't decide between a Cobra and an L. I love both. I was drawn to the Cobras manual transmission and hand build dohc engine. While i am VERY GLAD I picked the truck, I just wished the lightning could have those 2 features. Well, looks like the concept L has that and more. If the final copy comes out the same, I think I'm in love. Decisions, decisions! :confused:

If the price tag goes up much over what the 01 and 02 was then I will happily keep my 01. More tech or not I am not willing to pay all that much more for it...sorry :(

If it comes to that I would spend the extra for a vette.

or get a used impala SS or something like that to toy with and keep the L and still not shell out as much dough...

I guess you have a point Morph. I keep forgetting that money is a factor. I am sure it will be atleast $40,000 with all of the added features. I just cant afford that. However, I differ from you in that if I had the money, I would fork it over along with my left one without even thinking. I guess that makes me a die-hard Lightning fan?? I would be more than happy just keeping my Gen 2. I could always put on the '05 heads.

Superskwrl said:
LPE has already got a S10 on street tires low 10's on pump gas, and we all know how deadly those LPE vettes are, wait til they get there hands on the new truck

well if it costs 4 times the amount of my truck I would hope that it could blow it away... :rolleyes:

That was a pretty cool truck though, all wheel drive from a denali (I think), total sleeper. Too bad it crapped out during the car & driver supertuner challenge, it prolly could have placed real high.

But it's still a Chevy.

SS or SRT 10

I think the Gen 3 Lightning will be as potent as it has to be, but no more, and no less. The SS is SUPPOSED to debut in 2004, and so is the SRT 10. I say "supposed" because I dont think they will ever put out the vehicle... Chevy has talked up this SS since when, 99? Now the SRT 10 is relatively newer in the rumor mill...but remember all the flack the SST's were getting? And in the words of my brother...the SST's are chHEEEEEAAAAP. As far as the price tag, I would venture to guess that the price will be close to the cobra, maybe slightly higher. The technology part of it is nice, and I admit the truck is pretty ugly, but I think it would be a MOFO in black...one mean lookin truck. I dont like that they rendered the intake, kinda cheezy in my opinion.
Well, enough outta me. Later folks.

I can't wait to mod my gen2.

Im guessing $45K will be the target MRSP on them.

The one thing i would not want is the IRS. I personally dont feel like replacing broken half shafts after going to the track. Solid rear axle would replace mine if its possible. I dont know if Ford is including IRS on ALL new F150's or not. I still hope a solid is still offered which will allow the unit to be bolted up under the new lightning.

Back