Whats the best money you spent on your Lightning.

Why wont it pass smog? mine passed with more done to it, and the two front small cats cut out...

---------- Post added 05-31-2012 at 10:56 AM ----------

Well, two measurements show as not passing, and only one is permitted. I'll have to drag out the paperwork as I don't remember. DMP did the mods, and offered little help on the smog problem. Man, I'm excited you had yours pass. Will be in touch.:)

Why wont it pass smog? mine passed with more done to it, and the two front small cats cut out...

---------- Post added 05-31-2012 at 10:56 AM ----------

Well, two measurements show as not passing, and only one is permitted. I'll have to drag out the paperwork as I don't remember. DMP did the mods, and offered little help on the smog problem. Man, I'm excited you had yours pass. Will be in touch.:)

Mine has not passed in years, but in the past it did with a dmp tune. sounds like it is not passing all the readyness tests. some of them are tough to pass un modded. let alone with a tune. but with your few mods, easiest thing would be change back to the stock tune, and install your stock mass air flow sensor. drive the truck normally with out getting on the throttle hard for like a week and it should pass all the monitors. pm me if you need more info.

Mine has not passed in years, but in the past it did with a dmp tune. sounds like it is not passing all the readyness tests. some of them are tough to pass un modded. let alone with a tune. but with your few mods, easiest thing would be change back to the stock tune, and install your stock mass air flow sensor. drive the truck normally with out getting on the throttle hard for like a week and it should pass all the monitors. pm me if you need more info.

Great idea. Let me think about it as I think I have the stock stuff. I'll have to look. With Fontana, Irwindale and Pomona drag strips closed, I just leave it in the garage on the trickle charger anymore except maybe to breakfast and wash it once a week. Such a nice truck. Wife wants me to sell it. No way!:tongue:

By far for the $ was the aeroforce interceptor gauge:tu
Then came the shift kit from Chikeneers(Greg Evans)

The $5 black and grey naked lady camo driver's seat cover from Big Lots.
Easy to slide in and out and covers up the obligatory tear.
From 10 feet looks like camo. but when you get close. naked ladies pop out at you.

Back