What's Everyone Up To?

SBGGrace

INSANE Member
Hi guys. Our forum looks like a ghost town. I hope everyone is well. Just thought I'd start a thread so we can know what's going on. I know the economy is slow, but maybe we should have a GTG to cheer everyone up! :)

So, I'm still looking for work and I have a few leads that I am following up on. I've got a new woman in my life and things are turning around for me. For all of you mechanic types, I have a problem you might be able to help me diagnose.

The SVTF is having problems. About three(3) months ago it started missing real bad between 3-4k RPMs. This started right after I did a spark plug change on it. It kicked out a CEL code once that pointed to Cylinder #1. I pulled the spark plug and found that it was a grayish color and tall of the others were a nice brown. I also noticed that there was some fluid on the spark plug itself. It appears to be clear with no smell. Definitely not fuel.

Anywho, I changed the spark plug and the problem went away. About 3200 miles later, the problem returned. I went straight to #1 and the plug was again gray and the fluid was still present. A swapped out the plug again and so far no problems. I think I have a bigger problem and changing the plugs is just a temporary fix. I am especially concerned about the fluid on the spark plugs. Any suggestions? Thanks guys! I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

OBTW, I should probably mention that the car has all new wires and the stock coil. I replaced the wires when I went to remove the plug on #1 and it fell apart in my hand.

I still check in daily to see whats going on but Im busy as chit right now with my two newborn twin boys. They are 2 1/2 weeks old so they are def keeping our hands full right now. Hopefully there will be a GTG someday that I can make it to and put some names to some faces but its gonna be hard to get out of the house for awhile now.

Hey Eric,

Jen and I will have a new address in a little more than a week and were blessed to sell our current house also.

One thought on your SVTF, it sounds like the #1 injector is stuck. Might swap it to another cylinder, change the plugs on those two, and see if it repeats on the plug in the new location.

Bob

Thanks Bob! I'll give that a shot. Let me know where you guys land. We need to have at least one GTG this summer. I know the economy is tight, but we should be able to squeeze one in! :)

Back