what should I expect on 20's

what should I expect on 20's?

Uh...Laughter from the real racers? Sorry dude. I wasn't aware Mickey Thompson or Hoosier made slicks in that size.

booneyrat75 said:
what should I expect on 20's?

Uh...Laughter from the real racers? Sorry dude. I wasn't aware Mickey Thompson or Hoosier made slicks in that size.

I'm sorry I said this now that I've seen some pretty damn quick and impressive looking L's on 20's. Not to mention the new tires that have hit the market in the last two years that can be almost as sticky as any Mickey or Hoosier. Bottom line is simple. Do what you want and to hell with the nay-sayers. Just make sure to post the pix!

14 psi said:
i run 20s and pull consistent 2.1 60's and 14.0 - 14.2 @98 all day in a stock 99 l

Drop those 20's and maybe you can get into the 13's. For the record...Those times are not something to brag about.

With my old 20's , each wheel and tire weighed 84lbs.I ran 14.01 with a 2.15 60' on the 20's and with 16's and Hoosiers I ran 13.36 with a 1.8 60'

It all depends on your hp level and you driving ability. Your tire quality and size. But on my built motor I have better traction on my 22's than with my 18's. Unless I am using dr's.

I would say 1.8's is about the best you are going to get out of your 60" time.

So anyone care to answer the real question?

Are 20's going to reduce performance noticeably.

*Acceleration
*Top end
*Strain on the transmission

SQUIDY said:
So anyone care to answer the real question?

Are 20's going to reduce performance noticeably.

*Acceleration
*Top end
*Strain on the transmission

No not really. Not over the stock 18's with F1's.

Back