What is the Future of WASHLO?

my94lightning

I NEED MORE BOOST CAPT!!!
Seems the last year or so it has really suffered here.
Dont really care why, we all have ideas.

Question is, What now,
are we gonna grow again and start doing things like a few years back?
Look back at the G2G's lots of people, lots of good times, some racing etc.

LR is great and all, but I havent seen any organization like we had over here.

So what is the future,
Anyone here ?

Yup sure has died off. Kind of a bummer. Is everyone bored with their trucks? Or have they moved on to other toys?

Seems the last year or so it has really suffered here.
Dont really care why, we all have ideas.

Question is, What now,
are we gonna grow again and start doing things like a few years back?
Look back at the G2G's lots of people, lots of good times, some racing etc.

LR is great and all, but I havent seen any organization like we had over here.

So what is the future,
Anyone here ?

Kinda wondered the same Corey.

My opinion....shouldn't have anything to do with what forum were looking at. Other than the annual WASHLO bash and the monthly G2Gs what else has anyone been willing to do?

It would be nice to get a weekend out with a bunch of folks at least once during the year...and get some track G2Gs going or meets at a cruise in...something. As for organizing anything.....you can organize all day long but you have to get people interested first then sift through all the other issues to get a big turnout.

...It would be nice to get a weekend out with a bunch of folks at least once during the year...and get some track G2Gs going or meets at a cruise in...something. As for organizing anything.....you can organize all day long but you have to get people interested first then sift through all the other issues to get a big turnout.

Very true for the organizing part. Tried a cruise many years ago leaving from Alpen Drive-In, lunch at 59er Diner, then some time spent in Leavenworth and back to Seatlle via Blewett Pass and I-90. Only two others showed up and met one person at 59er Diner. Leavenworth was the end point for that one.

Griots was interesting for a couple of times but I really don't like any of their products. Had a great turnout once, not so great the second time. Tried to do a shop tour at Divers Street Rods, no interest. Did get some good gatherings at Bremerton for the All Ford Drags a couple of times. Got pics from those.

To get back on track all that can be done is organize a GTG and if two people show up for eats, or cruise, or racing, or car show then so be it. Persistence either gets it going or it can be put to bed for GTG's

I always thought it should be family oriented (probably 'cause I'm old). I'm mixing with a group that is all men every Thursday evening. They're a bunch of old geezers and it's mostly just dinner and BSing. A few times of the year it becomes a BIG event though. Sometimes the gathering is at a business, sometimes at somebody's house. Diver brothers even host one a year.

So, to get it going I believe we should just pick a date for a GTG and see who all shows up. Then do it again, and again, and again, all the time seeing what the people that show want to do.

Just my .02...

Scott

Back