What are these parts on my 1st Gereation?

d2greene

I took the upper off my GT40 intake to adjust my rockers. When I got into the valve covers I found polished aluminum Crane roller rockers with a Ford oval and Ford part number. Are these stock Gen. 1 rockers? I can't upload the pictures but the part # starts with F3ZE **** AB. I can't make out the numbers in the picture.

I am also having trouble identifying the Aluminum Heads. These aluminum Crane rockers bolt right down to the aftermarket heads with a strange pedestal I have never seen before. They slide in a slot in the head and the rockers bolt through them into the head with an Allen bolt and are not adjustable. The original owner said that these are TFS heads but they don't seem to be Twisted Wedge heads. I put a set of TFS TW heads on my previous Mustang and these look different, not to mention the fact that the TW heads had studs and guide plates not this strange bolt-down pedestal. The valves are not inline like GT40 heads but are staggered. They are not canted like Cleveland and 429/460 heads either.

If anyone would like to see the pictures I took to help me identify this stuff, send me your email and I will send you the pictures. I will also try to post them in my user gallery.

Thanks for your help.

Here are the pictures:

I guess the heads could be Twisted Wedge with a bolt down rocker pedestal but I haven't seen them before.

Last edited:
Back