Went racing.... New PB

slow94

My dad and I took our gen 2 truck out for a street truck shootout last night. Took 2nd place and was able to lay down a new PB. Event rules said we had to be full interior on pump fuel. Sat 4700lbs with pump e85 in the tank. 3.2 kenne bell with a 100 shot. DA was about 1400 ft so not too bad.
7f4c5ccbddbc2a4994e478063d160f31.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My dad and I took our gen 2 truck out for a street truck shootout last night. Took 2nd place and was able to lay down a new PB. Event rules said we had to be full interior on pump fuel. Sat 4700lbs with pump e85 in the tank. 3.2 kenne bell with a 100 shot. DA was about 1400 ft so not too bad.
7f4c5ccbddbc2a4994e478063d160f31.jpg

Nice, congrats!

Couple vids of the race. He let me use his Dragy App video. Pretty cool view.

That's cool, I've seen the Dragy advertisements. That'll make a cool Christmas present :)

Yes I want to get on board. Pretty cool to catch all that on video

That’s fast man. So what edged you out in the finals?

I have a dragy too. Bought it to compare street vs track but all I learned was its a lot slower on the street lol.

That’s fast man. So what edged you out in the finals?

I have a dragy too. Bought it to compare street vs track but all I learned was its a lot slower on the street lol.
The Dragy video he ran a 6.08 so the Dragy was pretty close. We were beat by a turbo chevy truck. He ran a 6.10 at like 116. We tried to leave on a 150 shot and blew the tires off. Also went like a .00x red light. We should had made the same exact pass with the 100 shot. Would have been a great race.

Spinning isn’t winning.
Sure isn't. If we would have kept the 100 shot in like we did with the other truck then it would have been a real good race. We had the quickest time of the night but that doesn't mean you will win.

Man she was sure happy about you red lighting lol. Yeah that’s a tough call. If you left it on 100 and got beat you’d be mad. And you jet it up and it spins and wish you left it alone lol

Man she was sure happy about you red lighting lol. Yeah that’s a tough call. If you left it on 100 and got beat you’d be mad. And you jet it up and it spins and wish you left it alone lol
Yeah I tried to hit a home run and struck out. But his wife was yelling at his first race against a nitrous truck running a huge shot. He red lit really bad in first round. Later on in the night he sheared his lugs off lol.

maybe you could consider posting a build/info sheet and vid links about your dad's truck in the gen2 forum for their reference. maybe it will generate some more activity over there.

maybe you could consider posting a build/info sheet and vid links about your dad's truck in the gen2 forum for their reference. maybe it will generate some more activity over there.

Is there another Gen 2 section on here besides this one?

I think Bob just meant start a build thread in the Gen 2 section.

yeah, please excuse my being asleep at the wheel. i was referring to slow94's dad's truck. i just thought an info/mods sheet (engine/trans/suspension) on it would help someone get similar 60 ft and 1/8 mile times. your build/mods may not be crazy, but it certainly achieved semi-crazy times, or at least i think so. i was clicking on the "new post" button and didn't even think about it already being in the Gen 2 forum. i need to get more sleep.

Back