Wanna run low 12's

Hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out. I have an 04 Lightning with Dynatek Long tubes, high flow dyantek cats , xpipe, into dual maganflow race mufflers, and i want to run low 12's. I was talking to the guys at JDM and they said if i was to put a 6lb crank pulley, Xcaliber 3 program tune, phenolic spacer, tr6 plugs, some sort of intake, and traction bars. Would that put me in low twelves , what do you guys think, i just got the truck last year and im slowly learning but i wanna do it right. My best run at Milan Dragway is 13.89 in 85 degree weather on 22's. If you guys could let me know what you think is good to do, or if what JDM says is right , i dont want to spend to much just yet, just want to see if that would get me into the low 12's or what would it take. Thanks:?

I'm Running mid 12's on Street tires, with a Diablo flip chip...tuned, aaftermarket filter, C&L intake, 4lb crank pully, and took the belt driven fan off, and replaced it with an electric one. My 60' sux, so I know there is more to offer. Got to get some good slicks, but I like to do it on street tires hehehe.

HRSPOWR said:
If you wanna run low 12s, sell the L and buy a 03/04 Mustang Cobra!:db:

Or he could get a Mach 1, with a gear, and spray the sh*t of out it, right?:hh:

Why do you have to be a D*ck all of the time?:?

NeverEnding said:
Hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out. I have an 04 Lightning with Dynatek Long tubes, high flow dyantek cats , xpipe, into dual maganflow race mufflers, and i want to run low 12's. I was talking to the guys at JDM and they said if i was to put a 6lb crank pulley, Xcaliber 3 program tune, phenolic spacer, tr6 plugs, some sort of intake, and traction bars. Would that put me in low twelves , what do you guys think, i just got the truck last year and im slowly learning but i wanna do it right. My best run at Milan Dragway is 13.89 in 85 degree weather on 22's. If you guys could let me know what you think is good to do, or if what JDM says is right , i dont want to spend to much just yet, just want to see if that would get me into the low 12's or what would it take. Thanks:?

You should be able to get there with that.:eek:ldtu:

my `02 went 12.24
JDM 58" t-bars
C&L intake with K&N drop in (stock air box)
6# JLP lower
boost bypass
305 Nitto 555R
SuperChips tuner with HP4 setting
and a Flowmaster cat back

Last edited:
don't run the phenolic spacer you'll burn up your supercharger.
the best way to get there is run a good tune, a ported blower (steigemier) traction bars, JLP "forced induction kit" and an C&L tru-flow tube, with a 6 lb lower.

But be careful you will be pusing the envelope on the stock bottom end, be sure to have it dyno tuned and have the a/f ratio around 11.5-11.8 and be sure that the fuel tip in is with in 2-3 hundred RPM's of going WOT

I was in the 12's without a cobra. Mid 12's to be exact. I recently blew up my lightning on a dino, and probably will never set tire on one again. I think my problem was all of the mods, without changing plugs to a colder set. When the engine was removed and inspected, it had a broke rod, bent valved due to that I believe, and all of the spark plugs were burnt up. most didn't have the piece below the electrode. ADVICE if you don't know, Take those damn platinum plugs out of your engine.
Anyway, it's back stock, but will change back in the future, with the knoledge I gained from a blown expensive engine. Stay off the ****ing dino, and get you some type of ODBII for a laptop, and get after it on the track. Dino's are not forgiving.

tony03shadow said:
I was in the 12's without a cobra. Mid 12's to be exact. I recently blew up my lightning on a dino, and probably will never set tire on one again. I think my problem was all of the mods, without changing plugs to a colder set. When the engine was removed and inspected, it had a broke rod, bent valved due to that I believe, and all of the spark plugs were burnt up. most didn't have the piece below the electrode. ADVICE if you don't know, Take those damn platinum plugs out of your engine.
Anyway, it's back stock, but will change back in the future, with the knoledge I gained from a blown expensive engine. Stay off the ****ing dino, and get you some type of ODBII for a laptop, and get after it on the track. Dino's are not forgiving.

Well I guess you mean DYNO, well you said it yourself it was probably the plugs. After every big mod you have to get it tuned. And a dyno is the way to do it.

Re: 12's in the L

5.4SVT said:
I have 500 dollars in mods and I am at 12.8. I should see mid to low 12's in no time
Damn...talk about a "budget racer".....That shows you how little you have to spend to get these things to really perform

NeverEnding said:
I would take the 22's off when i got to the track. Those things will slow you down......definitely get the TR6 plugs or else bad things will happen

oh yea....get rid of thos stock plugs after any kind of boost mod. Trust me, it's a few thousand dollar mistake, I know I've seen me do it.

I was running mid 12s on stock plugs.

Also whats wrong with the phenolic spacer I am getting one next week fill me in before I put it on.

I was in mid 12's on stockers too. But you will burn them up, and soon blow your engine right after. Fuel injection is a wonderful thing aint it. Change your plugs, and get away from platinum.

new here,I have an 04L,18,000miles,I have kn CAI,tr6 plugs,4lb lower pulley,silver bullet cat back exaust,accufabe trottle body,diablo predator race tune,tuned by Johnny Lightning,and a X-calibrator tuned by JDM,both tunes are about the same,with slicks 12.3 all day,with nittos 555,12.9 all day.Once I installed the chip,never went back to stock,amazing power you get from a couple of bolt ons,and is a daily driven,no problems at all,Go L's

bear said:
Or he could get a Mach 1, with a gear, and spray the sh*t of out it, right?:hh:

Why do you have to be a D*ck all of the time?:?

Relax, I was only kidding (although a stock 03/04 cobra will run mid 12s right off the dealer's lot). Sounds like with those mods, 12s will be easy for him. Definately lose the 22s for the track.

(BTW the auto mach ran low 11s with a gear and a 125 shot :) )

Back