Video of my supercharged Toyota Tundra

Cool. It's still a toyota though and, this IS a lightning forum. good luck keeping the powertrain intact.;c

That is pretty impressive. It's obvious you did the work to put some out some serious power; but have you "upped" the drive train to take on the new power?

Have you had it dynoed? For 10psi - pretty impressive.

I know nothing about the motor -
displacement?
Shift Point?
Automatic?
Type of Forced Induction?

Good times :tu:
Love to meet u at a red light. :)

john

You should be prepared because the guys on here are going to give you a hard time. I am a Ford man, and I love my Lightning, but I drive a 2003 Tacoma everyday, and I would not trade it for anything.....Toyota's are great vehicles......Congrats on the nice run.....

PWR_WHLS said:
That is pretty impressive. It's obvious you did the work to put some out some serious power; but have you "upped" the drive train to take on the new power?

Have you had it dynoed? For 10psi - pretty impressive.

I know nothing about the motor -
displacement?
Shift Point?
Automatic?
Type of Forced Induction?

Good times :tu:
Love to meet u at a red light. :)

john

I got my automatic transmission completely redone by Transwerks, and thats it as far as drivetrain. I haven't had it dynoed yet b/c I've had no need since I already have a wideband 02 sensor.

The original 4.7 liter V8 was bored out .040 and replaced with forged pistons and billet rods. It shifts around 5300 rpm. As far as forced induction it uses the TRD supercharger which is a roots type blower made by Eaton.

Thanks again for not being too harsh on me, I just wanted to let you guys know what's out there :tu:

13.13 @ is cooking for only 100mph... Does the power come in late or does it taper off on top end? It has to be one or the other run those ETs with that MPH.

Congrats :tu: That's one hell of a sleeper.

Sick03L said:
13.13 @ is cooking for only 100mph... Does the power come in late or does it taper off on top end? It has to be one or the other run those ETs with that MPH.

Congrats :tu: That's one hell of a sleeper.
It tapers off on the top end. I had a 1.73 60' on that pass.:tu:

mjjoff said:
It tapers off on the top end. I had a 1.73 60' on that pass.:tu:
:eek: :tipsy: :tug:

Nothing to shrug at their! Sounds like you're just getting her broken in.
What kind of power will that motor take? What is the goal with it? (times & power)
John

PWR_WHLS said:
:eek: :tipsy: :tug:

Nothing to shrug at their! Sounds like you're just getting her broken in.
What kind of power will that motor take? What is the goal with it? (times & power)
John
I think the motor will take about 500 horsepower at the crank, I don't know if i'll test the limits with nitrous yet. I just wanted to hit high 12's and have about 400 horsepower at the crank. :cool:

Very impressive! I work at TMMI (where Tundras are built) Its good to finally see a fast one. good job and a great sleeper.

How much do Tundras weigh? 13.13 @100mph with 10psi-good times. What tires were those you had on giving a 60' of 1.73 (stockers for a Tundra?)? I only can net a best of 2.0 60's and my mph are like around 105. Outside conditions--temps, air quality, and track prep? Good job man. You put some work into that truck. I do believe that Tundras cost about the same or more than Lightnings. I seen Tacoma 4 doors costing as much as 34,000 dollars. If I had invested the money you put into that truck into mine, I would be in the elevens---hehe.

Last edited:
Back