Video of my Lightning

SVT SE-R

This is a video of me a couple months ago at an autocross at FedEx Field. First run, cold tires, with a "newbie" riding along. I remember it because I got a little tail wag at the start and said, "Don't do THAT!" ;) Watch for me knocking over a wall of cones like bowling pins midway through the run and carrying some of the cones the rest of the way through the course.

http://www.tubas.net/video/wdcr-scca/lightnin_autocross.mpg

Looks to be about 8mb ... :db:

Last edited:
Cool vid Pat!!! :tu:

Thanks for sharing!

Jake...
40-54-20352.gif

Great slide in the begining there, looked fun. :) I usually do one run like that (like you said, because they're bad for time) just to have the fun of it.

You took out a pile of cones there ni the middle, was that a chicago box that you hit?

Daniel

thepawn said:
You took out a pile of cones there ni the middle, was that a chicago box that you hit?

No, it was just a plain ol' wall of cones. I thought I could take that right-hander w/o braking but found out otherwise. ;) The corner workers up there were busy all day as I wasn't the only one to take out that wall. I don't know why they needed 22 cones (I counted them). :eek:

Sweet Video - Was that a cone you were dragging at the end of the run?! My trucks high enough where they don't get caught, but a lot of cars will drag them through the whole course - I wonder how that affects handling?

Cool vid. Those cones had to hurt your time! I never thought about racing my L. I sometimes use my L to tow my SCCA Ford Fiesta. I race the Fiesta in SOLO II events. Next year comes the competition races. I may have to give the L a shot at a SOLO ......... Hmmmm.

:db:

Cool Vid Alex!

Those tires have TINY sidewalls..

I have a little in car camera drift action from the SVTOA event at IRP last weekend. :D

Video forthcoming.

Bob

Getting into the auto x is easy. Go to the officila SCCA web site and look up the solo 2 for your region.

Well I raced my L in a solo and came out in first place! I loved it! I beat out Mustangs and Camero's!

This is the second time I auto x it. I can say that it appears that the Gen 1 is better at it than the Gen 2. I stayed a little flatter than the Gen 2.

Good luck and have fun!:tu:

;f

Back