Valve cover spacers.

GT347SC

I've seen slavers that are over an inch tall but I'm looking for something more like 1/4 inch. Anyone know if something like this is made? I really don't want to go to a tall cover. I like my mustang covers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I've seen slavers that are over an inch tall but I'm looking for something more like 1/4 inch. Anyone know if something like this is made? I really don't want to go to a tall cover. I like my mustang covers.

You can double-up on the stock-style rubber/metal gaskets, just put a layer of hi-tack gasket sealer in between them.

Yea I just don't like doing that. I've never had any luck that way

I was in the same boat, I really wanted to use the stock 87-93 mustang valve covers, the cheapest set of spacers i found were $80, and the the next step up was $120 so I figured it wasnt worth it. In a few google searches some people had catastrophic oiling issues when they didnt clearance the valve covers enough.

I saw these on sale at summit racing for $90 (originally $270) and had to get them
P1000106.jpg

Last edited:

Three words...

(1) Cutting

(2) Edge

(3) Parts

Which covers are wanting to run? I'm running the finned powered by ford covers on my 94 with 1:7 r/r on the exhaust side & 1:6 r/r for the intake and no spacers.

Back