Up date

Even though the rods have a built in safety factor on their rating it is better to error on the safe side. A few hundred now is cheaper than a failure down the road.

Kris,
How was vacation? Good bubble blowing?

Oh and then some I have upgraded to 150 shot of nitrous and a accell gen 7 DFI so we can monitor each cyl and tune the truck properly so now we are at $22,000:cr:

So ron what is the going rate for kidneys? Looks like you may need to start parting out a few of the less critical organs.

What's your blood type? I may need a liver donor soon. That's got to be worth about $50. Then again I am not so sure yours will be any better than mine. Better make that $25.

Dayum, Ron. I wonder what it feels like to have $22k to drop on mods.

Sounding more and more like a beast every day.

Well BoDawg it is simply painful I have sold nearly every mod that I put on the truck which got me $4000.00 I had $5000.00 in the bank which is $9000.00 and the rest well I have not figured it out Yet!

Well It has been awhile now and I am sure all of you know that the Marshmallow got put on hold for the Wifes 32 and now that is in mothballs ( Thanx House of Kolors ) I am back on the Marshmallow. So the ball is rolling again. I will keep everyone involved as we progress It should be done just in time for the hottest time of the year!

Silver-Bolt said:
How about we fab up a 4-link while it's apart? Not tough to do? Basic material needed would be cheap. Coilovers are not too spendy unless you want to go with Penske's. Knock off some weight and make that heap hook up hard.

Can you really fab up something like that? I'm more interested in making my truck hook hard as f*ck before getting crazy with the engine...although I'll never be able to drop 22k, I wish!

Take care,

Thomas

Doing a 4 link on the truck would be quite easy in fact I will do this this winter along with a different rearend but enless you have 600 hp or above I dont see the need .

Definitely don't have that much yet, but I wouldn't mind a harder launch now and not having to worry about it later on, when I do plan on running in the 10s.

Even the guys running 10 second trucks just use the JL traction bar setup they work great I ran them for 2 yrs I plan on running mid to low 9's next spring because I dont think it will be done by the end of the fall season, This is why I will need a 4 link. Unless you plan on spending a ton of money I would suggest using or sticking with the JL bars!

That's cool, I understand what you're saying. I don't have any traction bars right now which is why I was interested... I'd rather do it right at the very beginning, even if I won't see the full potential, rather than having to go with something I'll eventually have to replace in the search for better traction... There seems to be alot of discussion on how well the bars from the tuners really work - if they're effective as they can or should be... I'm wanting to suck every drop of time outta my 60' as I can, haha.

Regardless, I'd love to see your truck sometime. Sounds freaking bad ***... I'm keeping my truck forever, so over time I'll spend a ton of money, I'm just trying to do everything only once...piece by piece. Plus I'm going a slightly different route with my truck than others have... So we'll see!

Thanks for the reply, take care.

Thomas

Back