Up date

BADASSTRUCK1

Well the L motor has got more troubles than I anticipated (like you didnt see that comming:rolleyes: ) The heads are Ok but the y wont spec out for that much Hp so I am going to get a set of billet ported heads Damn thiose are expensive! The block and crank are good and the machine work is being done as I type this. The estimate is now at $18,000.00 Damn I must be a F-ing idiot to spend that much money to go fast oh well easy to make hard to keep I say!

Yes it does

Built short block $3500
Heads $2250
Cams $1000
Turbo system $3000
Roll cage $2500
Custom Intake $750
Tranny rebuild $1800
Tq converter $1000.00
Labor winds up the rest WOW!!!

Just curious since I heard you were going turbo, what size turbo are you using?

Looks like either 76 mm or 88 mm Twins are now out of the question! The kool thing about the turbo setup is that if I dont likr the 76 and it dosnt creat enough Hp then I they will change out the output side and I will have the 88 so we will be testing the 76 first!

That's one of the confusing things about turbos. Learning all the damn combinations. It does however make it cheaper and easier to make changes. Sounds like an awesome combination. How about we fab up a 4-link while it's apart? Not tough to do? Basic material needed would be cheap. Coilovers are not too spendy unless you want to go with Penske's. Knock off some weight and make that heap hook up hard.

I am so broke I cant afford another red cent let alone another mod! I will just have to see how she does and try to recover from this blast! Hell I got a roadster to build yet as well so do you have a part time job available!

I know what you mean. We have spent way too much on a house we don't even live in yet.

Maybe you can find part time work as an A/C service tech.

well I spent most of the day yesterdat designing the new intake manifold, It amazes me after spending countless hrs drawing it on the computor that in the middle of the night last night I find the ultimate solution. The lower will stay intact, the intermediate plate and the intercooler goes away, same with the eaton. Now I am building a flate plate that will bolt to the lower that has a oval tube welded to it that the stock upper plenum will bolt to and the support for the front of the upper will consist of two stand-offs that attatch to the flat plate as well! All parts will be machined and then polished to the Bling Bling that i am known for!

Just wondering, are your runners going to be long enough with that combination?

Muscle Mustangs did a test awhile back comparing the superchargers for the 03 cobra and the turbo kit. In the write up the turbo kit went with a older cobra manifold with longer runners and no inter-cooler in it.

Have you thought of just changing over to a standard manifold. Might make it a lot easier and you wouldn't have to worry about the large plenum volume where the inter-cooler once lived.

Just a thought!

Well Itend to follow the experts which are Krazy Koncepts and Precision turbo they are the instructors I am the constructor.

Well no H beams rod we are going with 300m Oliver rods or manley 300m I beams the price of the carillo's are to far out there where KK are manley dist and can get me a deal on them so thats probably what we will use.

The Manley rods should be fine. Even though you are going BIG power, it is turbocharged, which will be easier on the rods.

What kind of time frame are you looking at for it to be done?

End of Febuary is the projected time frame I am a little concered about the rods so I would rather be safe than sorry so I think for the extra few hundred bucks I would be better off!

Back