Turbo information question

Ronnie

Will Work For Truck Parts
Can someone explain this to me. I got all the sizes of turbos down, but what does mean when they list O or P or Q trim turbine and these numbers that follow .58, .69, .70, .81 or .96 AR "on-center" or tangential? Thanks Ronnie

Last edited:
Ronnie, basic info...

Tangential is like this:

tang_turb.JPG

This is an "on-center"

turboneticst4series.jpg

Most every high performance turbo will be tangential because its a better flowing design.

O P Q S Trims, those all refer to the size/pitch of the turbine wheel (exhaust side) Each larger trim allows for a higher power potential.

A/R refers to the sizes of the openings that the exhaust is exposed to the turbine wheel. The smaller the number the quicker the spool, BUT careful, because the larger one will allow more HP overall.

Whats your HP goal?

Thanks Frank---I am thinking for HP around 800 with the possibility to turn it up even more and I will spray it to spool it up. I just spent a lot of money on the engine build up to include a built tranny no doubt, but I and the engine builder should be taking on this project in the near future. Gotta save up some more loot, though.

Last edited:
Ronnie said:
Thanks Frank---I am thinking for HP around 800 with the possibility to turn it up even more and I will spray it to spool it up. I just spent a lot of money on the engine build up to include a built tranny no doubt, but I and the engine builder should be taking on this project in the near future. Gotta save up some more loot, though.

I highly doubt you'll want to spray it to spool it up unless you hate your tires that much:D Are you looking for 800 at the tires or at the crank? If you are looking for that at the tires you may wish to take a look at the PT88.

- Brian

Why would you need a PT88 to only make 800rwhp? Why add extra lag when you can run a smaller GT42-80 or 76GTS make 800 and spool quicker??

A: The key phrase, "with the possibility to turn it up even more"

B: I suspect he'll make more power on pump gas

C: With a built 5.4L V8, he'll still have minimal lag even with the PT88

D: So he has enough power to beat Frank lol

gasguzzler said:

D: So he has enough power to beat Frank lol

TSK TSK TSK... Brian, you of all people should know what I'm up to.

<------------- See avatar

gasguzzler said:
I highly doubt you'll want to spray it to spool it up unless you hate your tires that much:D Are you looking for 800 at the tires or at the crank? If you are looking for that at the tires you may wish to take a look at the PT88.

- Brian

I want 800 at the tires with the possibility of either turning the boost up even more or spraying it to get more keeping the truck streetable. Sal, put down just over 800 and was still able to keep his truck streetable in NY of all places. I just had my engine built, but will be building another one in the very near future(Aluminium...). Boy, my wife is going to think I am nuts.

Last edited:
gasguzzler said:
D: So he has enough power to beat Frank lol [/B]

Did I mention that there will be a rocket in the bed of the truck....,too! That should be good enough to keep up with Frank-lol. BTW-Frank, what Tranny are you going with? If I remember correctly you were still running the stock one.

I'm planning on putting the only built tranny (IMO) in the truck... built right here in Arkansas. BTS

I hear you Frank. I put a BTS tranny in mine and Brian dared me to try to break it.

Back