Truck paint update

It was like $4500 with some added extras I asked for. He undercoated the frame, undercoated the cab and undercoated the bed. Fixed all the rusted area by cutting out the bad metal and welding in new metal. He did 3 base coats and 3 coats of paint. He did 3 coats of clear. He painted the inside of the bed. Painted all black trim pieces to truck. I know the guy pretty good so he hooked me up with the price and labor he did. Normally something like what he did is closer to $10k to $12k. So it all depends on the shop and person doing the job. I've done some carpentry work for him before on his house and shop.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

That’s a nice hook up and it looks like he did a great job from the pictures. Eventually I want to get mine in for paint and bodywork after I get the new drivetrain ironed out. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, I haven't had it dynoed or run it at the track. It makes like 14-15 psi and engine is a 351w bored .30 over stock head and cam, stock upper and lower intake with a accufab 75mm throttle body. Bassani shorties with full non catted exhaust from headers back 2 ½" pipe.Trans is built with 4r100 internals and has a circle d 2400 stall.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Well mathematically at 15 psi on a stock motor it should be making near 450 at the crank. Depends on the efficiency of the compressor. Turbo would be around 490 if everything was perfect. My guess is the truck with a good tune would put down about 380 to the tire.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Non-intercooled vortech is about 70% efficient at that level.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Yeah I was figuring about 6% extra per pound of boost which is about as good as a supercharger can do. Probably more like 5%. That would be 420 at the crank assuming a stock 240hp motor.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah my math is wrong. I did 70% of the ~520 I guesstimated instead of 70% of the 260 hp gain. So let's call it 420-450 at the crank.

Just what you said.

Oops!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back