tranny help

At FFW I notice my tranny slipping 1st to 2nd gear. I was wondering if anybody sells a kit to rebuilt the tranny? I've checked most Lightning venders but they just sell complete trannys.

I have a friend that could rebuild your tranny for you, or maybe get you the kit to do it. Not something I would do myself though.

hi nice times.a buddy of mine that works at the local ford dealer in new bedford he rebuilds all there trannys maybe he has time to do yours i will ask him. can you pull it out if he says yes let me know thanks

I will call my buddy tonight. Can you pull it and just send the tranny? Or do you want him to to pull the tranny and everything?

Breakin 10s...Talk to SVT F150 (Mat), he owns a transmission shop in CT and has much experience with the Lightning tranny.

He recently swapped out my box and will be installing my FTVB for me shortly....

-Ray

$1800, soup to nuts rebuild.

Install All updates from Ford
Install Shift Kit
New Convertor
New VB

Let me know. My friend is a great tranny guy, and knows what he is doing. Let me know if you want him to rebuild it or not.

Talk to you soon.

I just bought a Pro torque so I don't need the converter. What will the shift kit do? I have a line mod valve in it now.

LightningWolf said:
$1800, soup to nuts rebuild.

Install All updates from Ford
Install Shift Kit
New Convertor
New VB

Let me know. My friend is a great tranny guy, and knows what he is doing. Let me know if you want him to rebuild it or not.

Talk to you soon.

What clutches is he putting in it>??? Good red or blue frictions>??? Or stock tan frictions>??? -Mat-

My buddy will take care of him, so I wopuld say Blues or reds, not too sure which. Let me know, he will take the convertor off the price if you dont need it.

He could use blues or reds for more money, and for the shift kit, if you wanted the shift harder, he could do it up for you.

So no convertor, and tan clutches $1500

Higher end clutches and no convertor might cost you about $1800 or so.

Let me know.

It is all up to you what you want him to do.

If you want, send me your cell number in a PM, and I will have him call you if you want.

I am just trying to help the guy out. The clutch kit is like $150-$200. So I am just going by what my friend said. If he wants to take it elsewhere, fine. Just trying to help him out and my friend out as he is trying to get his own business going.

I wanna say the tune on the chip is screwed up. The local dyno shop played with it. I wanna do some more mods and get a reburn to see if it helps it. I'm going to finish this season with the tranny like this so I don't miss out on some racing.

Well if it turns out you need a tranny and still want my buddy to do it Let me know. He will treat you right, he is not out to burn anyone, he is a great guy, and knows his stuff.

Back