Trailblazer SS

Spencedaddy

$pencedaddy
Today, i was driving with my 200lb+ friend,i was driving around and i saw an SS he was behind me, but he downshifted before me, so i did it to match him...when he was at my cab i downshifted and proceeded to pull away from him.....i was totally stoked, thought they were MUCH quicker though

thursday, i stopped by a friends house, that friend had a friend over who had a boosted 92 civic, 6-7 pounds of boost, with a 5 speed, he ate me up...but i expected that

the el camino was about 20 minutes after, like a 78-79 SS, i smoked him till 110, then he passed me

on the way home today, once i advanced my timing, which helped enormously, i toasted a BMW 330i...till 110

good week ;)

word of advice, check your timing, it helps a bunch

Depends...

I have the SAAB version of the SS-the Saab 97x AERO, and in a way, the trannys have an issue similar to ours in that, my 99 L won't always downshift when you are doing 60-65 ish, and you get stuck in a taller gear, the SS/AERO will downshift twice, and you end up in a noisy 2nd gear situation where all you do is rev at high rpm's till you upshift, then its an entirely different story. Since both of my vehicles are stock-99L and 09 Aero, I would have to say the L is quicker off the line, while the SS/Aero has a much better mid range high rpm pull.

?:blink:

edit-i had no idea saab had a performance suv i was totally and completely confused

this race was at about 25 though

today i messed with one and i held him pretty close from 90 to 110, then he went bye bye

he was pretty nasty, he must have been doin a buck 30

Last edited:
Yup, Saab Aero 97-x. They really drive nice, AWD, 5 passenger. If Ford made an Explorer or Expedition SVT, I would have preferred it, but the LS2 V8 really has a nice midrange.

Nice Kill.

Yup, Saab Aero 97-x. They really drive nice, AWD, 5 passenger. If Ford made an Explorer or Expedition SVT, I would have preferred it, but the LS2 V8 really has a nice midrange.

Same here. I would have preferred the SVT Adrenalin (if Ford would have built it). Instead I chose an '07 TB SS awd. It’s been to the track once, my best was 14.4 @ 97. I wish I would have picked an SRT Jeep instead.

32057790003_large.jpg

Last edited:
Same here-couldn't beat the deal. Mine was an "corporate executive vehicle". It had 34 miles on it, and list price was 54k. I paid 31k, for an '09. That, and it is one of only 21 Silver Saab Aeros in the world. The rest are all black-I didn't want to deal with cleaning all the time.

Nice Kill.

Same here. I would have preferred the SVT Adrenalin (if Ford would have built it). Instead I chose an '07 TB SS awd. It’s been to the track once, my best was 14.4 @ 97. I wish I would have picked an SRT Jeep instead.

32057790003_large.jpg

Build that LS and boost it and you will walk all over the SRT. Dodge tuning sucks.

Build that LS and boost it and you will walk all over the SRT. Dodge tuning sucks.

dodge tuning is actually improving alot. An idk just a boosted tbss will only run around 12.30-60 with the tvs1900,if i had to redo my setup on the tbss i would stroke it an put a tvs2300 with 10lbs of boost an a built tranny an it should be good for low 11's on dr's. An a srt8 jeep stock+vortech=11.50-70. i should be doing a 11.40 next week with the srt8 with no supercharger lol.

brandon

dodge tuning is actually improving alot. An idk just a boosted tbss will only run around 12.30-60 with the tvs1900,if i had to redo my setup on the tbss i would stroke it an put a tvs2300 with 10lbs of boost an a built tranny an it should be good for low 11's on dr's. An a srt8 jeep stock+vortech=11.50-70. i should be doing a 11.40 next week with the srt8 with no supercharger lol.

brandon

Yes it has most def. I'm SCT tuned stacked with SC in my 04 Ram they just took their sweet ole time with the tuning. I have mine tuned for a comp. cams 268, heads, etc. i have close to 35000 into it not including the price of truck...(boy what a waste of money that was.) 5100 lb. 4x4 doing 13.2's N/A on 104lb 22's. With my 42 lb. 17" rims with MT dr's I will be in the 12's in 4hi just havent had a chance to run her yet.....Yes Dodge has tuning now but it sure isnt like Ford. They have the tuning out before the damn vechicle barely hits the market... I wish I would have bought a First gen L instead of this ram I have. Much better truck and for the money Ive spent on the Dodge this L I have would be doing wheel stands.... I guess you live and learn. Then once you do what Ive did the tranny pukes!!!! ;m

Back