Totaled

I have not been on here for awhile but Sorry to hear about the truck Shawn,I remember seeing it up at Lfest.I don't know how bad it is but if you need anything to rebuild it I still have a 95 parts truck in the barn.Anything you want off of it is yours just let me know.

It is my understanding that the cab is starting to be gutted and removed for a new one this weekend by the new owner ;)

But thanks for the offers and the kind words!

WOW, didn't see that coming, sorry to hear Shawn, it was good meeting you at Lfest,Take care.

Don, sounds like you got a real nice project, keep us in the loop, :tu

Yep Keith is gone! I had not done anything with the truck in the last couple of years and had only took it out once in the last year. Just didnt see myself having the interest in putting it back together and didnt want to see it parted out. After 15 years it was time to move on and honestly things just were not the same anymore. The excitment about the truck was gone, no drag strip in KC anymore, and the NLOC is past the golden years as you would say it just seem like the right time.

Insurance deal worked out fine. I can say this, if you have the paperwork to support it and you are realalistic you can and will get a good price.

I made alot of friends because of this truck over the years and I am greatful for that. The NLOC, WFC and LFest are great memories for me. And I will still be around from time to time just in something alittle different (even renewed my NMRA membership after the truck was totaled) ;)

Most of you guys dont know Don, but he has bought all 3 of my Lightnings and still has them. He IS excited about fixing and enjoying the truck like I was a decade ago and that is why I sold it to him.

Back