took a Z28 for a walk today

98svt_99svt

We were way out on gration today when me and my girlfriend were cruising in our 99 Lightning. A guess it had to be an LT1, probably 94-97 give or take, it had the inset headlights, not the flush ones. It was a manual. We were at the light, his exhaust sounded horible...(they all do) When the light hit green, we both stood on the gas, to my surprise, he didn't pull at all, in fact, I could see his headlights! Once we hit about 90 mph, I shut it down, but I was in front of him! At the next light, the guy says "Dayum I knew those things were fast, but geeze!" I told him I just got it. I had a grin from ear to ear, I almost "felt bad" for him. I was, and still am in shock that he didn't pull on me at all! Oh yea, by the way, my AC was on the whole time!

-Mike

------------------
98 Cobra #3733
99 Lightning `not known yet'

light.swf

good kill

most lt1 z's go low 14's stock, ive actually seen a few in the high-mid/high 13s on stock tires
pete

I haven't raced with my AC on yet. In my Cobra, it would shut off when it felt it needed the power. Do our trucks do the same thing?

------------------
2000 Silver L
"how much can you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" Tyler Durden

Nice kill, I raced a similar one from a stoplight to 70 and crushed him. I'm still looking to race a new one with a stick, that will be a much closer race.

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
NEWEST mod - Single Blade TB, JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

fe5e42b8.gif

Back