To Late For Track Time???

B

BackinBlack93

Since we bought our Black 93 in October. We have been to busy to get it to the track. So I was wondering if anyone has almost the same mods and had a quarter time so i could compare. I know it wont be the same because of drivers and mods or reaction time. But if you guy's could post some replys for me it would be most appreciated.
my 93 has: Bassani Exhaust headers (ceramic coated) to side exit,Powerdyned at 6#'s, Edelbrock Performer Heads, K&N, Hypertech Chip, and a valve in the tranny?

Thanks
Tom
95 White #2278
Cervinis RamAir Hood
93 Black #3787
Mods above

I'm don't have similar mods, but I've read of many guys that do. It looks like you're going to have traction problems unless you run slick or drag radials. Assuming your running on stock type tire, I would guess upper 13's. With good traction I would expect you to dip into the low 13's. - Brian

------------------
94 Red Lightning
SVT Build #1706
NLOC #674 MiLOC #16
K-B Supercharger (7psi)
Bassani x-pipe, Crane ps-91 coil and HI-6Tr Ign., Aeromotive FPR
EEC-Tuner
The Little Stuff

Waiting to be installed:
level-ten shift kit, Rancho Torque Arms, 30lb. injectors

My Other Toy and Daily Driver
78 Trans Am 400 w/nitrous
99 S-10 4.3L and 5-spd.

oopps!
------------------
MATTMAN
NLOC Member #451
'01 BMW 325i
'87 Gt Stang 12.54@108 NA
'93 Lightning 13.67@99.77

POWERDYNE (5lbs)
3/8" Phenolic spacer
MSD 6AL w/Blaster Coil
Kenne Bell filter/airbox
180* thermostat
Transgo shift kit
Rancho torque arms
Cat Back straight pipes

[This message has been edited by B4THUNDER (edited 12-17-2001).]

I think you'd be around mid 13s (w/1.8-1.9 60ft)or quicker, you might get a traction problem on stock rubber, if you don't have Ranchos or Caltracs, I'd install them just to keep from breaking anything in the rear/driveshaft area. Also, I'd try the truck w/wo that chip to see if its really doing anything...seems with your mods it may hinder the performance...just a thought.

My times/mods are in my signature, I'll be doing my next upgrades soon with more boost, an electric fans looking for 13.3s or so....good luck!! Have fun!

------------------
MATTMAN
NLOC Member #451
'01 BMW 325i
'87 Gt Stang 12.54@108 NA
'93 Lightning 13.67@99.77

POWERDYNE (5lbs)
3/8" Phenolic spacer
MSD 6AL w/Blaster Coil
Kenne Bell filter/airbox
180* thermostat
Transgo shift kit
Rancho torque arms
Cat Back straight pipes

Thanks matt and brian. Thats what I was guessing but wasnt so sure. We are gonna probably but 30lb. injectors in over winter. So hope that will help it out.

Tom
95 White #2278
Cervinis RamAir Hood
93 Black #3787
Bassani Exhaust
Powerdyned at 6#'s
Edelbrock Performers
Hypertech Chip
Motorsports Cam & Lifters
K&N

Don't forget that if you go to 30lb. injectors you will need to get a new chip or eec-tuner to compensate the speed density system, unless you switched to mass air. Unless your trying to fight detonation problems, I don't think the 30lb injectors will help you at this point. I think the money would be better spent in the form of traction or porting the lower intake. I'm fightning detonation by pulling timing right now, so I'm going to try a bigger injector to gain some timing back. Check the Gen1 times list to see what combo's the powerdyne guys were using, some of those guys are/were fast! - Brian

I think with those heads and good traction on a cool day you can touch a 12!

------------------
94 Crimson #2826
Born May 6, 1994
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne,
13.49@ 102mph
Wanting 12's
Home page: http://www.topworldmusic.com/greased/
SU25449.jpg

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Me and my dad are going to wrench on it this winter so i know for sure 13's hopin for 12's. Gonna get some B.F. Goodwrich Street E.Ts and hope that will get me goin better. Thanks.

Tom

Back