There and GONE

run351

Looking for low 13's NA
What happen to your Todd?
I saw you on one run, I went around the track I did not see and then you were gone.

The event was filmed by a TV crew, I will have to check the site for info on when it will be aired.

I raced until 4pm and won the 2.0 second -class.
Alot of opponent red lights and luck...on my side

It was fun, I am just wondering what happen to Todd.
He was there for a run, then I did not see him again.
I hope everything was OK, I asked nobody knew if he had problems or something.

They will be running again in May (3rd weekend)

John, I'm Sorry about the quick exit, the truck is fine, I made 4 passes with my daughter on board, all was well (minus traction of coarse) and it wasn't her cup of tea shall we say (hated it), her expectation was drag racing, but in her words " you go alot faster than this getting onto the highway" she got real board real fast, so I did my fatherly duty and bailed and took her to lunch and shopping, the day was saved, I did wait for you for about 5 minutes in the pit area but you didn't come back thru. I'm bucking up this week for a converter and some drag slicks, getting my *** kicked by pieces of sh*t is getting old, so either Nitto's or MT's and a Pro Torque triple disc should help with my traction issues as for the next date I'll be there, solo.

Todd,
I understand, I brought my wife and a couple times before and she brings a book. So I spend more time trying to keep her busy.

I believe the next race at waterford is 18th of May (sunday)
I will be there and it would be great to see your truck blow away some of those cars/trucks.

There was another Blue Gen2 there Sunday and he was in the 3.1 range.
There must be a wide grippy drag radial that you can run. I guess its all about your launch and I like the practice with the Tree.

At Etown if I hook up a can turn a 1.7 thru 1.8 60' time, here, I am running a consistent 2.7-2.9 sec times.

What is your usual 60' time?

John, I just ordered a set of MT 305/45 18 drag radials this morning and the converter order is being placed on monday, Pro Torque triple disc w/ a 2400-2600 stall plus I'm finally going to have the Tru-Trac/TA girdle thats been sitting in my garage for over a year installed, as for times John I run upper 1.70's to low 1.80's 60' times with Hoosier slicks so in talking to Joe at Pro torque I should cut 2-3 tenths off my 60' times, 5-7 tenths off my quater times:), that translates to a sub 1.90 sec 100" time, I don't know how the Tru-Trac will affect times but I'm thinking if it cuts another tenth I'll be looking pretty good.

The TruTrac will not improve you over a good working limited slip. It will prevent clutch wear in the future.
How is the track surface? Do you run VHT or similar on your tires?
Maybe I will take a couple of passes next time. I have my 60' times down in the 1.41 range now! Wonder how I can hook up my Nitto DRs?
Jim

Jim,
Todd can tell you its very tough style of racing. The track I mean.
The 100 foot drag enviroment is very similiar to the street. Meaning Waterford speedbowl is a circle track and they don't want us doing still burnouts. they dont want Holes in the track.
We are doing rolling a 20-30' rolling burnout, then staging.
With that said, there were a few people running in the 1.9 range for the 100' run.

the videos are starting to show up on you tube now. Here is one a guy posted of him in his challenger vs a bike (biker has my helmet on...:blink:)

YouTube - Tony - 100 foot Drags

Todd, I cant wait to see how you do. It feels good to get the jump on some of these older muscle cars. I will keep you posted on my plans.

Jim , It's funny you mention the VHT, I just picked up a jug at B & B saturday afternoon along with a 6.00 Shop & Shop spray bottle for a little pre run prep your more than welcome to give it a shot, as for track prep-there is none to speak of, basically a street light quick burst 0-45 or so. This is grass routes racing to say the least, theirs seemingly a lot of effort put forth by the people that host the event but the tree is so so the timing system seems to be holding on by a thread as I've throw out PC's that were better, It looks like they need a shot of cash to move to the next level, say a 1500.00 tree and a laptop, with this said it's not a bad gig, as it's 40 minutes from home, 20.00 and as much tree practice as you can take. As for hooking up, I don't, period, soft start, hard start, easy on out of the hole, flashing the converter, plus about 6 different tire pressures, best run in the 2.90's and one hell of a smoke show, I'm sure your DR's will help you out. As for the Tru Trac info much thanks, I was thinking I know I can lock up the diff up and that maybe this would help me out but now thinking about it if the OEM setup is working fine it's doing the same thing, so I'm bullet proofing, cool with me. John, keep me posted on your info.

Last edited:
Todd, you will find the stock clutches go out pretty quickly once you make good HP and also with me going to 30" slicks, they were overwhelmed. The TT should hold up much better to the abuse.
The one time I ran at Englishtown on my DRs I could not get any traction. Can't wait to see how the new MTs work on the street and strip. It will be time for me to buy new rears later this year.
Jim

Street Traction...

Well step one of my street traction upgrade has arrived, one set of MT 305/45 18' ET street radials showed today, and I must say they look great, with any luck they'll perform solid, I haven't ordered a converter yet, spoke to Matt (SVT150) and got some more info, there's about 5 different companys that have solid reps all in the same price range, so I don't know what to buy, but I need to make a decision this weekend so I have it in for the next 100' runs.

Post up the converters you are considering. Also, Jim(JDM) has warned me against a couple I was considering. Apparently at higher power levels, and with our torque, we can blow thru some converters.
Jim

Oh, are the MTs as wide as the stock rubber? Someone said they were noticably narrower than the Nitto DRs.

Jim, The converters I'm looking at are Hughes, Yanks, PI and Pro Torque-I really think there all solid, price wise similar, performance wise with the same stall about the same so I just need to pull the trigger, Matt mentioned that JDM does not like Pro torque-why I don't know, Matt said me never had an issue and I've run them before without issue. As for the MT's I just had them mounted this morning as the photos will show, a quick measurement after mounting was about 11 inch width, very similar to my F1's, the height was also about the same as the F1's, I can tell you this, two quick half throttle stop light bursts and no spin to speak of, it just pulled hard, which is by no means hard evidence of great traction but appears to be a solid improvement.

I hope the M/Ts hold some power! As for converters, I was warned strongly against running a Yank. It was my choice after reading up, and my knowledge of how well they work on the GM vehicles. I went PI 2800 and could not be happier with my results. If I ran a bigger SC I probably would run less stall.
Jim

Jim, Just thought I'd toss this out, I made a few more quick blasts today, one full throttle launch and one foot brake to a grand and launching, the truck is hooking so solid, again no numbers but zero spin on the basic launch and only s split second of slip on the 1K launch, which is sooo nice.

Jim, Just thought I'd toss this out, I made a few more quick blasts today, one full throttle launch and one foot brake to a grand and launching, the truck is hooking so solid, again no numbers but zero spin on the basic launch and only s split second of slip on the 1K launch, which is sooo nice.

Sounds like I will replace my Nitto DRs with these soon!
Jim

Just thought I'd toss this out, I made a few more quick blasts today, one full throttle launch and one foot brake to a grand and launching, the truck is hooking so solid, again no numbers but zero spin on the basic launch and only s split second of slip on the 1K launch, which is sooo nice.

;m what class you running in again?:scared1:

John, No promises of grandeur-I know better, but for just a tire swap:eek:ldtu: once the converter goes in that bring up other issues but if there both done for the next event and I have a little time to screw around with street tire pressure and launching I should run pretty solid, I bet it will turn a few heads for guys have been watching me with serious traction issues to hook pretty solid.

Back