The War Zone, once again

F

FMOS Racing

Ok, I've just spent (wasted?) my lunch break catching up on The War Zone and wanted, as the owner of this board, to clear some things up:

First, this is, indeed, the National Lightning Owners Club site, but it's for anyone who is an ENTHUSIAST, I personally don't care what they drive. I don't care if they're from the "enemy camp" and want to ask questions, and even take the occasional cheap shot. What it isn't is a place for these continual flame fests that have become the norm lately and it also isn't a place to vent your spleen in endless diatribes about Lightnings. This is, afterall, our house and pissing on the carpet is downright rude. This is not to say you should just bend over and take it, though.

Second, general rules of public decorum apply. This applies to BOTH sides of the argument. If some of you guys are as belligerent in person as you are on here, then I can only conclude that your list of friends is incredibly short. Learn a little civility.

I hate to see some of the "old salts" like Lynda taking off because she's gotten tired of the continual rancor. And I hate to see newcomers who have been nothing but humorous and interesting, like Duner, getting chapped as well. I'll also admit a great deal of respect for Tim for his honesty. There are others, but I'll stop the list for now.

The War Zone was never intended to be a place where you just bash and flame each other over anything that's posted and desribing it as a "battle board" is definitely incorrect. Continual conflict is not the order of the day.

Both sides of these incredibly annoying and bandwidth-wasting arguments need to understand that the other camp has a great deal of pride and ego invested in their vehicle no matter what kind it is. So blanket "piece of junk" statements are just going to trip people's triggers.

So, in closing, take a deep breath, find a little dignity, and think about this:
"I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer."

"Battle not with monsters lest you become one." - both quotes Friedrich Nietzsche

Those quotes have become my mantra. Still learning from them, but if you can remember them, they'll work wonders.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

[This message has been edited by FMOS Racing (edited 06-25-2001).]

I think we got a time-out..
biggrin.gif
Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Duner:
Sorry Jeff!</font>

You arent the one to be sorry Duner... It is some of your other Dak owners that have to resort to name calling and personal attacks to get their point across...

We discussed the dak you said ran 12.30's and you answered my questions fairly and as accuratly as possible. I wasnt saying you were full of shit, I was just questioning the ability to run those numbers on the info you posted... Thanks for giving me as much info as you did..
It's your other brethren that have problems with me, so be it.

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

wow jeff!! Those quotes... i didnt realize your were such a scholar and philospher!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Duner:
Sorry Jeff!</font>

biggrin.gif
nothin to be sorry about duner if we can post(like ya have) and provide info(like yu have) this would be a great place(and it is)lets keep up the truckin thusiasm and we can all get along...jeff gave us a good roof over our heads lets chip in and keep the status quo.... i for one wuld like to remain in this forum postin WITH THE L GODS... yee hawwwwwwww

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by one bad dakota:
Jeff is a poo-poo head.
biggrin.gif
</font>

I hope you're kidding...either that or you're a retard. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by buckleyclosson:
wow jeff!! Those quotes... i didnt realize your were such a scholar and philospher!</font>

heh, hes just quoting out of "Philosphey For Dummies", dont let him fool ya...j/k jefro, good point(s)

------------------
Level 10
Bassini
Jacobs
NX 150 (for sale)
TFS...coming soon

if i stop runnin, the evil little clowns will get me...

That's The Idiot's Guide to Philosophy and Social Commentary, Mudd!
biggrin.gif

"Scholar and Philosopher" = Big Freakin' Nerd!
wink.gif

Later!
The Grande Poo Poo Bah!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I hope you're kidding...either that or you're a retard. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.</font>
Easy, Jeff and I go a little ways back. On a side note, man, Jeff, maybe I should consider you as my press secretary if I ever run for president.
smile.gif

Tom

Yeah, I think most of us are guilty of havin a bad day once in a while. But this is still one of the friendlier boards out there. I think we can all put forth a better effort to make nice. Even to the R/T guys. (Perish the thought!) J/K
biggrin.gif

OK!! Who wants to race?!?!?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

Hey HotRod I dont think any of these Dodge sissy punks want any.WHoops LOL

I try not to get too involved in the pissing matches. Why? I don't get anything out of them. Seriously, I haven't even learned any good put downs in a LONG time. There sure isn't any good smack talking. Anybody can cuss, but it takes practice to talk smack well.

I come here to learn, and get lots of quick unopinionated help to any problems or questions I have. I can't say that about many of the other BB I visit.

Oh, and I have noticed the "I've pissed myself" around this board some. Most of it seems to come from the Gen 2 section. I sure feel your pain if you spent all that money and are having problems, but all you are really going to get from people on this board is moral support. Stop spending the time crying here, and instead use the time and this board and the other Lightning boards to organize something to make Ford fix the problems. You want to know a good place to start? Use the media. Radio. TV. Newspapers. Build an internet site. Hold a Lightning meet at a big track event and complain about the problems there. Enter your truck in a car show with signs describing the problems that Ford won't fix correctly. Whatever. Just do something, instead of waiting for something to happen. Do you really think Ford would like more bad publicity with already having to deal with the Firestone tire problem?

One I'm trying to live by:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Be proactive, not reactive.</font>

Rod- Bracket racing? Sure, let's go. Win or lose, I still had fun.

------------------
Everything you need it for:
Drag racing, autocrossing, hauling, towing, cruising, showing, and a daily driver.
ff3efb7b.jpg.thumb.jpg

1993 Lightning #3276 (14.9 @ 90MPH)
1994 Honda CBR900RR (11.3 @ 124MPH)
1985 Yamaha RZ350 (Banshee motor in a street bike)
1992 Yamaha YZ250 (All the fun, none of the tickets)

Dan DeClute
NLOC #312

hey "one bad dakota" i live in medina mn, do you ever go to university on fridays or saturdays, i have seen a couple of R/Ts down there, j/w

Back