The "stock" fuel system "how-to" thread

Question on the safety issue of removing and opening a fuel tank. What precautions would you (or anyone having done this) suggest (like no smoking I'd guess)?HaHa

Wear safety glasses. I took a pretty good shot of fuel to the eyes the last time I disconnected my rear tank!

Wear safety glasses. I took a pretty good shot of fuel to the eyes the last time I disconnected my rear tank!

Jeff perhaps you could post a link to the last fuel project you did a few months ago. You had some pretty good pics after you had the FDM out...

something happened to the pics in Jeff's thread. You can only see those red "x" 's. The pics were a big help. Can anyone help/elaborate?

Now if I had an old rear in tank FDM I could add to this write up and show how to install a big 255lph stang style intank pump and bypass all the FDM valving while retaining the fuel level sender. This is only good for guys with no front tank like myself.

I am / was just doing that with mine. All I did was cut the bottom off of the FDM where it "dips" down then basically do what Jeff did to his (remove the valve assy and replace with hose and cut slots and mount the pump with hose clamps).

Could someone please explaine the "cross flow" condition and how it relates to the FDM.

I just installed the inline check valves (that were part of the recall and not a factory part) and still have a the "CF" condition, what else is there to evaluate to elimimate this common F-150 problem?

Great Info:eek:ldtu:

Back