The new guy....

natasphd00

The Saint
Hey guys, I am new to NELO and want to get in on the action. I have been over at NHTOC for a long time and just started looking over here for advice, etc.. There are very few people on NHTOC from the NE area, so finding this forum was a Godsend for me.:dp:

By the way, where do you GenII guys get your trucks tuned? I went up to Pete Johnson in NH last time. Just wondering who else has a good rep around here. I have a 3" pulley that needs to go on ASAP.

By the way, I am from central MA area, Anyone from there?

Hope to meet you guys soon.

Saint

Welcome to the club.

I don't know about MA, but just over in port jefferson LI is Sal at Power surge performance. he knows lightnings well. or JDM in NJ.

Jody

Saint. I am also looking for someone in the MA area. I remember reading about MPE in Taunton. Maybe a search for 'MPE Taunton' will help.
steve k.

MPE is actually in Whitman, MA now. He does a lot of Mustang work. I am going to be talking to him about my Gen1 once I get the work done.

Yeah, I have personally seen Pete Johnson do great work on Cobras, and he did a good job on my tune also. I am just exploring the possiblities, because NJ is just too far. I was just wondering if there was anyone around MA area who had a great rep for the S/C F150 crowd. Pete is good with them, but compared to some other tuners like JDM/RWTD/JLP/Torrie, he is pretty new at it.

Saint

P.S. Do any of you guys have any "cruise nights" sort of get togethers? I wish there was more to do around here as far as get togethers, or really anything to do with our trucks.

I'm from Fall River Ma, JDM is far but I will never let these shops around here touch my truck again. It cost me a motor Stay away from Dezracing for tuning. My truck is down at JDM now. I made the trip down there twice for tuning. He did a great job with my stock motor.

Are u going to FFW it's coming up?

Breakin10s said:
I'm from Fall River Ma, JDM is far but I will never let these shops around here touch my truck again. It cost me a motor Stay away from Dezracing for tuning. My truck is down at JDM now. I made the trip down there twice for tuning. He did a great job with my stock motor.

Are u going to FFW it's coming up?

Funny you asked, I was just on New England Dragway's web site looking at that. I was actually going to go up there tomorrow for Super Chevy (recon work, heheh) but something came up. We should all meet up somewhere and drive up to FFW together.

Any of you guys gonna run in the Tough Truck comp? I was thinking about it.

Saint

I orgot already but I think it cost around $75 to run in that class. U have to pay to be a member to run in that class. It sucks if u only race once a year at a FFW event. If I get my truck back I might run in that class again. But I wanna run in another class also. I'm not sure what classes I can run with the truck.

Me and the owner of Dez racing had a blow out over the phone one day when he called me a hack mechanic, and I should not be working on cars. You won't ever catch me anywhere near there.

I have been thinking of scoping out MPE racing since it is in the town right next to mine. We will see.

Welcome aboard natasphd00.

thanks lightningwolf, screw those guys, i wont go there either. Let;s get together around Auburn MA since it is right by the intersections of 84/90/290/395 and my house which has a parking lot, before FFW. You guys in??

Saint

I use Performance Dyno in Concord NH. I have for a couple years now and have had no trouble nice and conservative tune. I have had Pete tune the other trucks that I have worked on also with very good luck. We run them a little harder then the normal Lightning owner because we run 30 to 45min at a time on the track. We are part of the 1 %ers. I have 4 trucks out there with Petes tuning and have had great success. And have sent others there as well.

Chuck

LightningWolf said:
Me and the owner of Dez racing had a blow out over the phone one day when he called me a hack mechanic, and I should not be working on cars. You won't ever catch me anywhere near there.

I have been thinking of scoping out MPE racing since it is in the town right next to mine. We will see.

Welcome aboard natasphd00.

Mike, mike dez is a big Know-it-all. i give the guy respect because he is known as the best tuner in the area, BUT if you dont have a ton of money, then you are nothing to him

he knows his stuff, but he makes sure you know he knows. real attitude problem....and him an his sons laughed me out of his shop when I told him I was staying Speed density....

before we got are own account with races, we used MPE. that guy would bend over backwards for ya, chris is a hell of a guy. too bad he moved father away, I loved his shop in taunton it was awesome...

and if you see chris at the track, he'll always talk to you, not like many others that if theres no green backs in your hands you are worth nothing to them...

Danny

Drag

I think we should plan on meeting up at Epping on a Friday night soon, have some fun, sort of a mini GTG. I know my 5500 lb 4 door isn't the fastest, but I'd like to run with you guys. Can anyone do a Weds or Fri night in Epping soon?

Saint

Back