The "New" Delvallo?

I was hanging out with 80 year old Ray Hippolli and 79 year old Sid the other day at the local cruise night. There was 3- Gen 1 Lightnings there. They were pretty much all bone stock. I took my Viper truck and hung out with the Stock truck guys and had a good time. Ray's Red '93 Lightning just turned 18,000 miles. LOL
I won a trophy with my SRT-10 so it was a good night out.

Last edited:
I was hanging out with 80 year old Ray Hippolli and 79 year old Sid the other day at the local cruise night. There was 3- Gen 1 Lightnings there. They were pretty much all bone stock. I took my Viper truck and hung out with the Stock truck guys and had a good time. Ray's Red '93 Lightning just turned 18,000 miles. LOL
I won a trophy with my SRT-10 so it was a good night out.

Weren't those your two camp followers I met at Spookfest? They were a hoot! Nice trucks too...

IMG_07404.JPG

Yup, that's them. The black 95 in that picture is Rays DD. His nice truck is a red 93 home in the garage.

I used to beat Gen Ii's all day long back in the day. It was a great feeling Yes they upped their game big time ::: but I did not... NINE second street gen Ii's are a dime a dozen now and they never break when built... Funny VID Jim, yes that's Jamie on the right always slamming his foot

You have never built one if you think it only costs a dime.....lmMFao

I have never met any Gen II guys that look down on Gen I owners, much less stock Gen I's.
Hell if anything I (we) have the upmost respect for an orginal factory truck

- - - Updated - - -

Long Live the "New" DelValLO

Oh hell yeah:heart:

I can't say a lightning is just another f150 just like all mustangs are not just another mustang.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

I can't say a lightning is just another f150 just like all mustangs are not just another mustang.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

I agree I stiil DD my L and every where I go it turns heads and in the parking lot I always have one or two people that walk up and talk to me about it and actually know what it is!

I agree I stiil DD my L and every where I go it turns heads and in the parking lot I always have one or two people that walk up and talk to me about it and actually know what it is!
I turn heads too, but for the exact opposite reason. Its just another truck but with a bad bearing somewhere under the hood.......

I had a MOCHANIC tell me that my altenator bearing was going bad, I proceeded to lay down 100 foot of rubber to prove him wrong
I turn heads too, but for the exact opposite reason. Its just another truck but with a bad bearing somewhere under the hood.......

I had a MOCHANIC tell me that my altenator bearing was going bad, I proceeded to lay down 100 foot of rubber to prove him wrong

LOL! That's what happened to me. At my local Sonic Drive-in they have a Ricer Cruise night on Tuesdays. Went through the drive through for my 1/2 off burger (I'm a C H E A P S K A T E too) As I waited a helpful young man of 18 or so came to the side window and offered up that "Sir, you have a water pump bearing or alternator bearing going out and you should have that looked at soon". "Really, Thank you!" I then ask "How can you tell?" " Sir I can hear it" he says. "Wow, you must have excellent hearing 'cause I can't hear a dam thing over that supercharger whine". I chirped second as I left.
I'd love to parade a line of classic muscle cars that are all cammed up and stuff through there. Let 'em know what true American Iron is all about.

LOL! That's what happened to me. At my local Sonic Drive-in they have a Ricer Cruise night on Tuesdays. Went through the drive through for my 1/2 off burger (I'm a C H E A P S K A T E too) As I waited a helpful young man of 18 or so came to the side window and offered up that "Sir, you have a water pump bearing or alternator bearing going out and you should have that looked at soon". "Really, Thank you!" I then ask "How can you tell?" " Sir I can hear it" he says. "Wow, you must have excellent hearing 'cause I can't hear a dam thing over that supercharger whine". I chirped second as I left.
I'd love to parade a line of classic muscle cars that are all cammed up and stuff through there. Let 'em know what true American Iron is all about.

That is classic!!! I love this story!! and agree need some old school muscle burning alcohol and nitro rolling through there with open headers drowning out their high dollar stereos!!!!

Back