The "New" Delvallo?

bumperquip

Any one but me come to the realization that our previously beloved NLOC has pretty much become the new Delvallo?

Sad ... this place used to be a resource for many things other than "which drag radials" ... now it's quite useless to anyone without a blower and longtubes, and who could give sh*t about a documented E.T.

images

Besides were good practice for you trying to keep guys from going too far with their trucks. :)

Ron on the left discussing keeping it original, Jamie V on the right supporting the modifiers of DelVallO....

Ive found this site very useful and found some great people to help me put my lightning back to a factory look that I just bought. Keep your heads up. There's still some old school people here.

I respect guys that want a stock gen 1 truck. If bone stock is your thing that's cool.
As long as your satisfied with that level of performance that's all that matters.
I remember going to the track before I had a supercharger on my truck and gen 2 guys wouldn't even talk to us because they were running 12's and most of us were in the 14's and 15's at the time.
Those days of us gen 1 guys being ignored at the track are long Gone!

That would be **** off letting gen 2 guys beat you all day long at the track. Ive got an old 77 that is my play toy and modified motor. I bought the lightning cause I've always wanted one and I wanted a cool summer truck that's reliable. Trying to keep it stock so I only got one engine that Im always playing with. See how long that will last though. I sometimes cant fight the modifying bug.

I used to beat Gen Ii's all day long back in the day. It was a great feeling Yes they upped their game big time ::: but I did not... NINE second street gen Ii's are a dime a dozen now and they never break when built... Funny VID Jim, yes that's Jamie on the right always slamming his foot

Without a Gen 3 this place will just continue to die off. The Tremor ain't it either.

It sure isn't the hotbed of Gen 1 activity it was when I joined...

Without a Gen 3 this place will just continue to die off. The Tremor ain't it either.

It sure isn't the hotbed of Gen 1 activity it was when I joined...

The trucks are 20 plus yrs old now. Many are gone due to wrecks etc and many more Im sure are sitting rotting away in barns fields etc and still more are looked at as just an old F150.
Younger folks have no clue about these trucks or see them as old technology and have no interest in restoring or saving them.

They were produced in small numbers and those that coveted them when new have moved on to newer better things.

I see mine as a fun driver that will still work like a truck and with over 420000 miles on it it is long in the tooth but still solid as a rock and Id drive it coast to coast and not worry about it.

It has been modded as I like it and I drive it and use it as I would any pick up.

Heck I hauled brush to the dump and jerked about 8 hackberry stumps out of the back yard with it last weekend.

I know Ron hates to read this but it is just an F150 and mine is no pristine example.

I drive it daily in a city of 1.5 million people and in the 9 or so yrs I've done so I have had about 5 people ask me if it was a real gen1. The average joe knows nothing of these trucks and see's it as a F150 with some stickers.

There are very few like Ron that preserved them but without those few prime examples they would all be forgotten.

I say if it is yours do as you wish with it and enjoy it..

Haters gonna hate and followers gonna follow.

You guys are going to make me cry

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back