The 2010 Ford F150 SVT Lightning...well what it should of looked like...

Efrain

Young Grasshopper
So I have some experience with Adobe Photoshop and never ever did a car before but I was determined to see how the Raptor should look like if tehy went ahead and did the Lightning. So I did some mods on the truck. Did it so long ago so I can't remember what I did...I chopped the top, added the rims form the original Gen 3 Lightning concept, took some of the decal off, removed the wide fenders that were gray, removed the ugly F-O-R-D logo on the grill and numerous things...

You guys be the judge and be gentle its my first automotive "chopping" ;)

ford-f-150-svt-raptor_01.jpg

Not sure what it looked like before you altered it, but I'd say it looks like a Toyota with that grille, chopped top and BFG A/T's. :embar:

2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor12.jpg

It's not much because I couldn't find a picture of a single cab 2010 F150 I just played around to make it look less offroadish

I like what you did the the pic I wish I could fool with photochop like you do. I just think it looks to 4x4 to be a lightning.

Do some kind of black,tube grill,,,some lights in the lower valance,,,lower profile,wider tires,,,,,and I think you have something.

you made that? holy cow i would love to see what my 2001 F150 supercrew would look like with a sonic blue paintjob and some harley rims

These are the pics of the Gen 3 prototype that Ford brought to the first LightningFest in 2003

Ugly yellow interior:
LFest03029_Large_.jpg

Right front quarter:
LFest03028_Large_.jpg

Front grills:
LFest03027_Large_.jpg

Ram air:
LFest03026_Large_.jpg

Engine (runs and drives):
LFest03025_Large_.jpg

Front left quarter:
LFest03024_Large_.jpg

Back of cab:
LFest03023_Large_.jpg

Exhaust exit:
LFest03022_Large_.jpg

Wheels:
LFest03021_Large_.jpg

The Gen 3 rear:
LFest03018_Large_.jpg

Logo:
LFest03019_Large_.jpg

Our LightningFest was the only time we know of, that the truck was outside for an event. A Ford SVT engineer, drove it from Detroit to Topeka in an enclosed trailer. It was rolled out during the event, and back into a trailer at night.....then back to Detroit.

The prototype almost didn't make LightningFest due to a tranny problem. The SVT crew fixed it and an engineer drove overnight to have it at the event the next morning. :thumbup: :yawn:

Hey bigD thoose pics you posted at the top look exactly like the raptor? I would think they lightning would be diff?

Our LightningFest was the only time we know of, that the truck was outside for an event. A Ford SVT engineer, drove it from Detroit to Topeka in an enclosed trailer. It was rolled out during the event, and back into a trailer at night.....then back to Detroit.

The prototype almost didn't make LightningFest due to a tranny problem. The SVT crew fixed it and an engineer drove overnight to have it at the event the next morning. :thumbup: :yawn:

That truck was freaking hot- minus the interior color. They should have made that- it would have sold. It was 32valve if I remember.

That gen 3 prototype was out in the Carlisle all Ford Nationals in Carlisle Pa, back around 2003-2004 time frame.

Back