Thanks

DR.D

NLOC#985
Went to JJ's SVT Saturday with Bruce/Black 2000. Was it 15 Lightnings? It was cool to see that many in one place and everybody was super. No blue tho. Real nice to meet JJ and seeing as he has the know how to tell me what I want to do is good or stupid and explain in understandable terms why, I can see this guy taking care of my Lightning for me. His white L is so clean I know he won't hurt mine. He's really into these beasts. JJ--great to meet you. I had the Black 01 that sat on the alignment machine. I WILL see you middle of next month to start modding mine. I can't wait!
Don

Thanks for letting all of us hang out at your shop JJ... :D

Thanks to all who were involved in setting everything up... :D

Pretty good turn out for not being at a racetrack too...

It was good meeting everyone... Hope we can do something similar in the near future!

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone

Just wanted to say thankyou to everyone that was able to attend the events of the day and to say "HE// Yeah!" To FordMech00 for making dinner last night. I like that horn mod:) And YES DR.D we had 15 trucks by the end of the night.

Looks like the next get together will be at someone's local track;)
So we can see what these trucks can really do.

Hey NosDog2 how about giving JJ a holler and getting something done to that bone stock truck :D

And lastly, Thakyou to Brian Baskin and JJ for helping make Saturday one of the greatest Meets that I've ever been to.

Hey Brian you gonna post your pics also? I'll have to send you mine since I have no idea how to. :D
We have got to do this again.

Bruce

Bah, I've given up on my pics for today :) The camera won't work with Windows2000, and I tried putting a dualboot Win98 on here, that didn't work. So, I'll get them at work tomorrow, and post them after work. Bruce, if you want, you can send me what you have. I can resize them and put them on my webspace. Just email them to me.

Looks like JJ got his down to a nice size finally :) Compared to the 2MEG JPGs he had last night, heh.

And yes, FordMech's horn was a highlight of the night :)

Cecil sounds like a great idea!

But does anyone have a set of slicks I can borrow???:D j/k
I'll get some pictures sent to Brian and JJ as soon as I can get all of them to send.
Later...

I'll throw some more into the mix :)

Lots of food:
Feb9th@JJ's0004.jpg

Black 2000 fiddling with his truck, while Warren Miller looks on.
Feb9th@JJ's0005.jpg

Here's Adrenaline (Brian Harvey), Dr.D, and Quincy. I forget who the guy in the yellow is, sorry.
Feb9th@JJ's0019.jpg

The better end of the row:
Feb9th@JJ's0029.jpg

And here's me, slaving away at putting my cone filter kit on, while everyone stood back and laughed.
Feb9th@JJ's0084.jpg

These are all pics that Bruce and his wife took, I'm hosting more:
http://w3.cablespeed.com/~bbaskin/020902/Black2000/

Last edited:
Yes, yes we did!

We Laughed very hard:Y Poor Brian looked like a monkey F!@#$ a Football:tu: Glad to see that he actually got it on though.
Now that 351 will be able to catch it's breath. 'Course that's the only thing it can catch;) j/k Brian

Last edited:
I tell ya what, I don't think it made much of a performance increase, but it sure does sound better. Got rid of that 'air sucking through a straw' sound, and was a straight guttural growl when you stomp it. Very noticeable :)

"Hey NosDog2 how about giving JJ a holler and getting something done to that bone stock truck"

Yeah, Yeah. I am going later this week to get the shackles put on. Hopefully I can flip flop some funds around and do the chip at the same time. :tu:

I would have to agree, this was one of the best non-kegger "get-togethers" that I have been to. I would definatly be in for a meet up at the track. It was really cool to meet and talk with everyone. It is allso benificial to see what everyone else has done with there trucks and at what stage in the mod wars they are in. JJ--did you put the bulbs in yet? I didn't think alot of people would be down with the "ricer bulb mod" but I get comments on it all the time.

Take care and I will try and post some of the pics if I can figure it out!!

Later
Wayne

That's a Good Dog.....

Sorry Wayne, just a little fun. That was only the second time I was able to run the truck that hard. Earlier that day on the way to JJ's my cousin(and his '93 5.0) and I ran from a stop light. He didn't do to well;)

Anyways, as you know JJ will take good care of you and great care to your truck:tu:

Hope to see you at the next meet.

Later...
Bruce

OK, tabulating all the sign-in sheets, I got responses from the following people:
Dr.D, Condor Legion, Adrenaline, Me, MDLIGHTNING2002, Black 2000, Quincy Craven (no screen name), JJ, Jesse Rangel (blowntruck/redblowntruck99), NOSDOS2, NCLightning, and Danny Ames(sp?).

If I'm missing anyone, or you forgot to fill one out, I can send you a soft copy of it from Word.

Last edited:
OK, here are my pics, finally got them transferred over.

http://w3.cablespeed.com/~bbaskin/020902/BBaskin/

A few noteable ones:
My pride and joy, the cleanest she's ever been, and ever will be :)
P0001170.jpg

Black 2000's grill, I love it (that's Condor Legion, Jesse, in the background)
P0001175.jpg

Condor Legion's red '95
P0001174.jpg

Ooooh, shiny things
P0001171.jpg

***-shots
P0001185.jpg

P0001187.jpg

And FINALLY got my air filter on, woohoo :) Now to take it back off and clean it, LOL
P0001193.jpg

I tried to take pics of everyone's truck, look at the link above and go through the rest, you may find yours.

all the pictures came out great,
btw, brian baskin, my last name is spelled Rangel, and this my new screen name for this forum, on the f150online forums it is blowntruck. hope to see you all soon.

hey nosdog, how about another run this weekend, lol,
this time i wont let you beat me that bad.

anyone wanna buy a jl diablo chip? j/k, i wouldnt sell that piece of crap to any of you guys anyways

Sorry about that, couldn't make out your writing a bit :) I fixed it on here and in our database.

Last edited:
Great Pictures everyone....

And, Thankyou to Brian for posting some of mine for me.

O.K. now let's get the ball rolling here. JJ has gotten us a chance to have our own L ightning O wners O f M aryland forum(L.O.O.M)
So keep an eye out for that.:D so you know when the next meet will be. This is a great opportunity for all of us to gain something here, Knowledge of our trucks and great friends to share these trucks with.

Later...
Black 2000:tu:

Back