Terrorism isn't a new threat!

S

SpeedRules2

How quickly we forget the lessons of history. If this current incident does indeed lead to war it will not be the first time that a terrorist act led to a war.

On June 28, 1914 Gavrilo Princip a member of the Black Hand, a Serbian independence organization, shot the Archduke Francis Ferdinand. This act of terrorism led to the start of World War I.

I will admit that the current situation that we are faced with is of greater magnitude than any other we have ever faced. This, however, is not the first act of terrorism that ever led to a war.

I see other similiarities between World War I and our current situation as well. First, Austria-Hungary gave Serbia an ultimatum, after they recieved the unconditional support of the German goverment. We too are trying to form a coalition before we "do anything. Second, once given the ultimatum Serbia refused it. I think that will come to pass in this situation as well. Afghanistan is not going to let us waltz into their country and go after Osama bin Laden. Sovereignty, the right of a state to rule itself, is a nation's most prized possession.

I hope the rest of the sequence of World War I does not play out this time. In that War alliance systems were played out against each other and a "domino effect" took place. Right now, other Arab states say they support us. I don't have a tremendous amount of faith in that support. This could quickly escalate into NATO vs. The Arab States. My hope and prayer is that justice may be served and peace restored, quickly. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!

Even those other arab nations that might not like us, will most likely give verbal support only. I know I'd be real damn scared if America was pissed at me. And honestly, most Arabs probably dont share these feelings, or at least not to the extent to do things like this. Its just that large group of morons. I mean really....Bush was so mad it looked like he had tears in his eyes. If you led an Arab country that didnt have anything to do with this attack, would you spout off and not at least claim to support the world super power when their leader is so mad/upset hes crying? I sure as hell wouldnt. I mean we're already there, leveling them too wouldn't be an extra chore or anything lol. As long as we dont make it a "screw all you arabs" thing, they shouldnt get involved..although that doesnt mean they wont..i mean they were stupid enough to start this shit in the first place.

------------------
If I only had an L2..... <sigh>
http://www.remotecontrolhobby.com/
Home of NATIVE RACING INC and the BEST stock chassis, no pull start, big block conversion kit for the Traxxas T-Maxx.

Back