T6 flange turbo with AC?

no4njnk

P.U.T.U
Dave my stepdad saw your work the other day and would like to go with one of your kits. The only problem is we have a T6 flange 88mm turbo and would like to run the truck on the street down in Texas as a daily driver. Can you fab something like this up? If so can you shoot me a price estimate of what a system like this would cost? I know there are a lot of variable to doing this (like no smog pump, custom inner fenders can be made, battery in the back, C6 tranny) so an estimate would be good enough. Thanks.
Kyle

Hi Kyle,

The cost would be the same the only problem is depending on the size of the turbo? you might run into clearance issues with the hood using my street kit...

If you can live without the A/C you can use a March P/S bracket and this would allow me to build a setup like I did for Ray Johnson where the turbo sits about 4" lower than my street kit... Also FWIW it would be possable to keep the a/c with this setup but it would take a custom made bracket to do it... a nice setup would be to move Alt. down about where the air pump was stock and mount the A/C compressor above it... This would allow nice short high pressure line and much cleaner looking install than stock...

How much does your turbo weigh? What size is the turbine discharge?

Dave

I could see if my friend who is a fabricator could fab me up something so we can keep the AC. I guess I could start looking for to see if anyone has done it. My stepdad is crazy and wants to have a 900+ hp daily driver.

The turbo weighs around 55 pounds and uses a 1.39 T6 tangential flange. I believe the turbine discharge is 3" inside diameter, the same as the discharge opening. The compressor discharge is 5". It is actually a TV7512 converted to an 88mm by Dave at Majestic turbo.

Last edited:
Ya, That turbo is going to be way to big for my street kit... I could make the headers, crossover and a brace to hold the weight if your willing to ditch the stock P/S-A/C bracket... The down pipe will have to be built "on" the truck though...

Back