SVTOA Rendezvous 2016

Well you've heard of "The Dancing Queen" I am now the official Drifting Queen of WASHLO. I have to admit It is my fault it happened. When cruising under 50mph I drive with OD off. It's raining, pavement is wet, spun tires a few times at the stop lights just trying to get going and as I turned onto the on ramp I always step on it a little to get up to speed......whoops, attention drivers behind me, note Jeans tailgate, note drivers side of Jeans truck, ahhh Jeans tailgate, all is well....now I ease on down the on ramp another 50-100yds and there's a bend to the right....whoops, tailgate, passengers side of Jeans truck, tailgate all is well again. WTH is causing this crosses my mine,as I search for a cause I spy the OD is still off,fixed that problem then sped up to catch the big guy. But not without notice the phone rings,now you would think that calling your wife would be the last thing you would do when she's flashing both sides of her pretty truck to the drivers behind her. First I have to turn done the tunes, grab phone from ashtray, it's being charged, check caller id and remind myself this is against the law, Hello, oh that, which time did you see it go around, he says,"You did it more then once!" Yes I did... bye. Now for the two cars behind me that witnessed "The WASHLO Drifting Queen" you need get Go Pros nobody will ever believe the story your telling. And now my thought on the event...I don't remember ever seeing Jon Ross laughing but I know for sure I made him smile Sunday. You see Jon and I have history he witnessed my first drifting episode in Kansas City, MO 2005 in the '95. Great Times Great Fun. Oh, and seeing all our Washlo family was great also.

Hey, I'm not one to point fingers about broadsliding, course everyone has heard of my mansliding episode on I-80, going eighty then hitting a rain squall driving competition NT05 tires. Mark Martin would of been proud of that one himself. As long as the "broadsliding" didn't turn into "broadsiding" that is no harm no foul as far as I'm concerned. It is weird that earlier, I was telling Corey how Dale wrecked his GN on I-405 and badly injured his back many years ago driving DR's in the heavy rain.

With that said, congrats to Corey for the fine showing of his turbo truck. Seems the only thing holding him back getting that award earlier was the ability to get it emission checked and licensed and to the event, roflmao. I'm sure if he could of given a few of those mustang guys a run for their money too in the go mode.

Nice seeing everyone and meeting all the new faces too. And remembering/missing our friends that are no longer with us.

Good job as usual Scott on the pictures, we were kind of the center of attention and it was nice sitting in the big area on the grass too.

Lets think about the FORD FEVER CLASSIC at Woodburn this Aug. 27th. That one has always been a good show or show and go event. Plus if you like seeing the earlier iron it always brings in some very rare and interesting cars/trucks.

Back