SVTOA Rendezvous 2016

e9tac

According to the event calendar on Griot's web site.
May 22nd, 2016
Griot's Garage
Tacoma, WA
9:30 a.m.

We should do breakfast then roll in.

http://www.svtoaseattle.com/home.html
Please note: the dates are a little screwy on their website.

Let's get a roll call of who's going.

e9tac
my94lightning
sstock

In with two. Is breakfast still a part of the plan and if so where and when ?

Just a few days away now.

Scott

Mettler is in with his red truck and Alan out of Goldbar which most all haven't met is in too. '93 truck in real nice condition though some may not like the visor and running board steps on it.

Scott

Could do Ben Dews up on 6th Ave. Big parking lot too.
6501 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA 98406 Say 8:15

Works for us. Early Sunday morn should make for little traffic from I-5 to 16. Griots doesn't open their gate till 9:30 and it looks to be a 10 minute drive from BEn Dews to Griots.

Scott

Not sure about breakfast yet, I like the sound of it, BUT, I am not a morning person and I get to spend all day chatting with you yahoo's anyways.

Well, weather is looking craptastic, post up if you are actually going in the MORNING,
so those that do show up, know who to expect, I am planning on going since I am so close.

Depends on weather Corey. Will check local weather (look out the window), then check traffic cams along the route and make a call from there. So......absolutely a maybe.

OK, lets at least bag the breakfast then if Jean and Scott are a maybe. I dont like to talk to myself,haha

I'm out.

Weather forecast made me call this one early...headed to Wenatchee for the weekend, where it's been sunny all weekend :)

Maybe next year.

Great seeing all you guys/gals today. Thinking there were 9 Gen1s and 3 Gen2s. Really good showing and the weather turned out just fine, managing to keep the rain away. Without a doubt, there was some real horsepower parked out there. The official photographer hopefully will be posting up some pics, or else I will sick Jean on you.

Now Steve, don't sick Jean on me ! She was broadsliding her SuperCab around in Tacoma so I don't need her "broadsliding" me !!

For some unknown reason the Lightning parking area at the SVTOA car show was on the grass area. Most all classes are segregated in areas of the parking lot surrounding their building and this year the Lightning guys were positioned in the center ! Was kind nice 'cause one feels like we were the featured class ! Did have a GOOD turnout this time around. Especially neat was to have 9 Gen 1's on site. Around these parts getting that many Gen 1's together at one place is special !! There were 3 Gen 2s as well. Marty's truck and two that were from outside WashLO/LRNW. Super thanks to all that brought their trucks out. Weather was definitely iffy and I'm sure there would have been more cars for all the classes if rain wasn't in the forecast for Sunday. Parking lot did have some empty spaces indicating same.

Pics, in no particular order from the "gathering at Griots.

The Lightning group at Griots. Left to right: Jessica, James, Corey, Jamie, Steve, Jean (with her bottle) and Michael D. Wylde.

27139348291_167f860def_b.jpg

Steve's truck. Naturally, it's immaculately beautiful !

27139347241_7eb06de80a_b.jpg

Then shots of the trucks.
27139344481_d79c324d8e_b.jpg

27139345211_37eaa7f098_b.jpg

27139345871_c8ac3bd91d_b.jpg

27139346601_eb1800dbf7_b.jpg

27139349191_ce21775ea9_b.jpg

27139343331_2a63c5af57_b.jpg

27139351301_001e36cc41_b.jpg

27139352591_03bd7f3262_b.jpg

A Gen 2 engine bay with the carbon fiber look. That hydro whatever it's called dipping process to make it look like carbon fiber. Does look good.
27139342551_ac0f0f3588_b.jpg

The above truck's show plaque. What I keep thinking about getting whenever we head for a car show but then never get around too....

27139350251_6d55765e8a_b.jpg

AND........Corey with his Gen 1 class award !

27139340531_2dd1991196_b.jpg

So, we left Startup in the rain, though it was a light rain, and dried up by Woodinville. As the awards were in process the rain started again at Griots. This time it got REAL heavy with the raindrops ! All our stuff was put away in the trucks so it was just time to leave. Marty was easing on out of our parking area on the grounds moving his arms back and forth pretending he had windshield wipers and knowing he had to be "GENTLE" on the go pedal with drag radials in the back and skinnies up front. We eased on out heading up 38th St to the entrance for I-5. We get to the left turn lane for the I-5 entrance, wait for the stoplight and then proceed to turn left onto the entrance. I look behind me and Jean has the SuperCab kinda sideways sliding the truck ! Uh, dear, it's really wet on the pavement and ya just can't gas it ! She gets recovered and it would seem the other cars around her chose to give her a bit of space. Guess she decided that since she has so much extra room now she'll kick the truck sideways the other way ! Yep, she broadslided the truck not just once but TWICE !!! Never a dull moment with that woman....

Scott

Back