Supercharging in 2023

Hi,
New member here. I just picked up a black ‘93 #3583. It only has 67k and is entirely original with the exception of a roll pan. I have a powerdyne kit I’ve been piecing together and am considering putting it on the L instead of my other truck, as I had originally planned. I’d like to do it “oldschool”, mechanically, as to not modify the truck too much and to keep cost down. I know of the benefits of pxs and qh, but I’m not sure I want to learn how to tune or pay to have it tuned at this time.

Is there any benefit of using an inline pump on a Hobbs switch opposed to twin 255lph pumps in the tanks? I’ll be using an FMU.

How much boost can I run without a btm? The powerdyne currently has a 2.7 pulley but I will buy a 2.93 if it’s safer.

Any other feedback is encouraged. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5109.jpeg
    IMG_5109.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 26
Search this forum for "two pump trick" and see if that's something you would be willing to try.

It's funny how much old school has fallen out of favor. You don't see it so much on this forums, but on some others I've been on they come unglued when you mention an FMU. They don't seem to remember that FMUs were used successfully with minimal issues for years before they were replaced by more modern solutions that seem to be no more safe or reliable.

Thanks, I will look into it! I come from the foxbody world and it’s mostly the same there. My car has a qh and runs great. But for this truck I’m looking for simplicity.

I still use a QH and chip set on my novi 408 setup. Been using Decipha (Mike) at efidynotuning.com. FMU will get more out the injectors. Two pump trick with hobs is legit. I would get a custom tune from someone like Mike that supports the old speed density stuff. It's not worth the headaches with the other bandaided solutions.

The Quantum in tank 255lph pumps work great now that I've figured what causes them to lose pressure over time. They utilize a factory FDM and now I think they have a 340lph for the GEN 1's.

I still use a QH and chip set on my novi 408 setup. Been using Decipha (Mike) at efidynotuning.com. FMU will get more out the injectors. Two pump trick with hobs is legit. I would get a custom tune from someone like Mike that supports the old speed density stuff. It's not worth the headaches with the other bandaided solutions.
Probably nobody better than Decipha with stock Ford ECU's. He helps me with my built gen 2 lightning.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

The Quantum in tank 255lph pumps work great now that I've figured what causes them to lose pressure over time. They utilize a factory FDM and now I think they have a 340lph for the GEN 1's.
Ok, cool. I plan to go with the quantum 255lph. What causes them to lose pressure over time? Those should be plenty for the amount of power I plan on making.

What I have found is that the pump drops down inside the canister enough to where it pushes the existing grommet down and then fuel bleeds by, causing the pressure to drop. I took both canisters apart, took the grommet off of my old pump and stacked it on top of the new pump grommet. Put the new assembly back together, and so far I haven't had any low fuel pressure issues from either pump.

Everything you need to k is is right here…

No pressure after fuel pump replac...ement???.233782/&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back