Summer Bash idea

JUSTIN WHO:::: You officially have become NOOBIE status with you departure from the Lightning community.. When I see
LW93Rcode post then I know something is up..

Noobie, LOL To the new guys I may be, To the old guys, Well they know who I am and what I bring to the table.

Who does a hangout at night?

yeah what a doofy idea to hang out at night at the track!

What do you guys think this is some hooligan drag racing oriented club?

Lets meet on a Sunday morning for tea and crumpets and discuss the latest books we've read and share our latest knitting creations. I just knitted some favors for the tea party, they're pink yarn nut sacks that holds 2 golf balls inside since apparently most people in this club have forgotten where they've left their racing nuts.

Hey, nice dark track for a BBQ and car show. That's a great idea Josh!

Next we can have the track rental in the rain.

This thread was for SUMMER BASH IDEAS. Not track outings.

We could do a bash at the track in the daytime but not at night.

One thing I'll say is, you better not hold the summer bash in a small house because all the world record holder ego's will never fit!!
Carry On *****es!

Hey, nice dark track for a BBQ and car show. That's a great idea Josh!

Next we can have the track rental in the rain.

This thread was for SUMMER BASH IDEAS. Not track outings.

We could do a bash at the track in the daytime but not at night.

Jamie, you really need to finish a truck to the point of actually getting to race it, and not just have a life size erector set of a Lightning in the garage that never gets to be raced because it's never finished. I know the building and wrenching part is a big piece of the fun, but you're forgetting the other side of the fun, taking it out, cruising, racing, and enjoying the results of that effort. There's plenty of evening GTGs that go on in the summer time. It's not dark till 8:30-9:00, and DelValLO has had a couple "DelValLO Nights @ Atco" in years past and even gotten our own lane a couple times. Racing down the strip under the lights is a far cry from trying to say it's like having a track rental in the rain. Does your new truck have vinyl headlights instead of light bulbs? Heck I bet even Ralph with vinyl headlights on his truck would bring it out and run it under the lights at an evening track night.

Etown has a Ratchet Friday event every other month. A bunch of us in the Jackson/Howell area have gone a few times and had a L GTG there in the evening.

Obviously the summer bash as previously known has died off when it's gotten smaller and smaller every year, and this year a date was picked and nothing even planned. So I wouldn't bash down any ideas for GTG's whether it's a day time bbq, an afternoon meet at a car show, or an evening meet at the track test & tune.

Jim, one year we did a rental in the summer along with the summer bash.

It was a pretty good event!

That was one of the best events DelValLO was ever a part of IMO! But too many of the old farts complained it was too hot so toss that idea out the window for happening again lol. There's other events DelVal could have piggy backed an event onto and spark some interest back into the club like trying to get a big DelVal showing at NMRA @ MIR for the SVT shootout, or Vinnie's Mod Party/BBQ with nearly 100 trucks, but the bulk of the DelValLO members that are left would never make the drives out. Previous DelVal members are selling their trucks and moving on, existing delval members are getting fewer and fewer, and there probably hasn't been a new person to post on this delvallo section in 6 months, nobody new to the L scene coming into these trucks as a 2nd/3rd/4th owner even knows what the letters stand for.

One thing I'll say is, you better not hold the summer bash in a small house because all the world record holder ego's will never fit!!
Carry On *****es!

LOL!

Josh, when I had a wife that worked, a 1 car garage, and only 1 child I had all kinds of time and money to work on my truck. Well those days are gone and I now have 3 kids, a wife (who stays at home with no extra income) and my grandmother here to take care of. I also have a nice big pole barn that I have been working on (working on getting the 150amp panel in and powered up now) and I don't have money to pay people to do the work for me so that takes more of my time.

I bought a truck that had a ton of parts and that needed a ton of work. I also had a bunch of problems with some items I bought and had work done on. Those items also have slowed me down a ton.

To be honest spending time with my kids is WAYYYY more important to me then getting this truck done. It will get done someday and that will be at MY pace.

Yes Josh it will never be as it was . I have some great memories of great parties that I hosted. Actually the NERLO party that I had last year wasn't all that bad. I had to invite a few CHEBYS to fill the void. Even without the blessing from DELVALLO the was gathering was a pretty good party. Yes this year was the first time the BALL was dropped on a summer bash. OH well SH!T happens. I am just surprized no one with a qualified venue has stepped to the plate by now.. Hey I am gonna start hanging out with the Oklahoma boys, they seem to have their SH!T together.

Back