strip times

R

red94lightning

i went to the drag strip last night and i was wondering if my times were any good. my lightning is bone stock right now and i took off the spare and the tailgate.

r/t (terrible) 1.022
60 2.354
330 6.468
1/8 mile 9.933 at 70.46
1000 12.894
1/4 mile 15.583 at 86.27

i figure that if my reation time wouldnt have been so bad i would have turned a much better time but my problem was traction since i was running on my stock firestones.

let me know what you guys think

tom

oh yeah on that run i smoked like a 94 z28 by over a second.

Hey there, first your R/T has nothing to do with your ET.You can set there for two minutes if you want.You get timed when you take off.
Your 60FT time is bad maybe the track was just bad that day.Did you get to try both lanes.What about your timing I think you can knock a few more tenths off without spending any money.Not to bad really.
Marcus Harrison
TeamPowerdyne.

Where is the track at? Elevation and weather play a factor in your times. Just from what you posted, I'd say that your problem is traction, your 60' times are pslow, even if you were at elevation. When you leave the line next time, power brake it to about 1800, then let off the brake, wait until you start to move, and then nail it. A rolling tire is harder to spin then one that is just sitting there.

John

im in eastern nebraska so elevation is not that high. also how would i change my timing?

red first find your mark on the harmonic balancer use some white chalk to go around it then wipe it off the chalk will stay in the markings. on the driver side under the brake boster, there is a grey spout plug pull it out and set your timming to 14* or so not more than 16* it is marked on the balancer. rember to put the plug back it. after you set it.

Back