Street turbo kit?

Ls1 Eater

Hair Dryers of America
I picked up one of your kits from a guy on the forums and was wondering If a GT42-74 Garret 74mm turbo. Mid frame with a T04 exhaust housing would fit. I found a really good deal but was not shure on how it would fit.

It will probably fit... However, It will most likely be very close to the hood which is fine as long as you have some good motor mounts and you might want to put a little of the self adhesive reflective high temp wrap on the bottom side of the hood to protect the paint... If it touches the hood a small aftermarket hood scoop could be installed to fix that...

The down pipe that you have will not fit the GT-42 so it will need to be modified or make a new one out of 4" If you need any help making the down pipe or exhaust let me know...

Dave

Icepick said:
It will probably fit... However, It will most likely be very close to the hood which is fine as long as you have some good motor mounts and you might want to put a little of the self adhesive reflective high temp wrap on the bottom side of the hood to protect the paint... If it touches the hood a small aftermarket hood scoop could be installed to fix that...

The down pipe that you have will not fit the GT-42 so it will need to be modified or make a new one out of 4" If you need any help making the down pipe or exhaust let me know...

Dave

Thanks for the help dave.:eek:ldtu:

Josh

Back