Stock G1 vs. Lexus SC300

C

Condor Legion

I almost forgot to mention this cus it was so much a waste of gas. He farted me, repeatedly, complete with shaved head yo-boy sunglasses on at night and DC tags on Rt 50 on Marylands Eastern Shore (chickenstinkin).

I pretended like I wasn't interested as he kept edging forward until by the time the opposite side went yellow he was sitting a full car length up on me. When the opposite yellow dropped, so did I. As I passed him, he completely blew a shift (sounded like about 25k on the RPM band) and I never saw him again.

=============================================

I'm still pissed that there isn't a Lightning in GT3...

AND! This afternoon I found myself in a leftlane freeway duel with a 2000 Chebbie C-15 and a 2002 Chebbie Avalanche...What the (you pick the expletive) is that monstrosity!?! The Avalanche looks like a Pontiac Safari (isn't that the name of the wierd looking SUV thing from P-tiac?) on steriods with a midget truck bed. Handling and rapid acceleration from 70mph to 95+mph more than made the difference in age and the Crimson Bitch walked away with authority.

JUMP START THE FOOL,
CL

[This message has been edited by Condor Legion (edited 07-23-2001).]

Yeah the sc300 are pieces of crap. Now my girl has a 92 sc400 with 4.0 four cam v8 and that thing flies. Ive had it at 142 at 5 thousand rpm and they redline at 7200 and the governer kicked in. Now Im working on how to bypass it. I would like to see how much faster it would go. And it registers 160 on the speedo.

------------------
93L#5173
underdrives
14 degree timing
3chamber flows

[This message has been edited by Dennis Saprinsky (edited 07-23-2001).]

SC300's are just fancy camry's.. mechanically they are identical.. and that V-6 is a turd to work on and even change the oil in without making a mess.....

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip, Best ET so far, 13.23 @ 104mph.
2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

What doesnt wake up with twin turbo's ??
surely would keep me awake.

Later,

Anthony

------------------
1994 Lightning #2685
1987 Harley FLHT
1967 Ranchero

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: JJ's Whitelight
SC300's are just fancy camry's.. mechanically they are identical.. and that V-6 is a turd to work on and even change the oil in without making a mess.....</font>

Couldn't be further from the truth. I've seen this guy at the loca cruise spot a couple of times. He has an SC300 with a SINGLE turbo kit. He runs mid 12s. He's in the middle of getting a built tranny right now. Bad-ass car.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: Manitou
They wake up with twin-turbo setups on em.</font>

Single Turbo system are much more efficient on those engines.

RT4U2NV????? What couldnt be further from the truth?? It is mechanically a Camry.. there is nothing under the hood or suspension/drivetrain that is unique to that Lexus... It is a 3.0 4cam v-6.. All Toyota and all of it is under the hood of the Camry too... Just different bodies.. The 400 is all Lexus and very unique...

12's from a single turbo??? And if single turbo's are the shit, then why is everything twin turbo lately?? Supra,RX-7,911,3000GT VR-4..... It might work better on that Camry/SC300 because it is alot harder to get twins on it and much more expensive.

------------------
85 toyota tercel

My new albums

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: JJ's Whitelight
12's from a single turbo??? And if single turbo's are the shit, then why is everything twin turbo lately?? Supra,RX-7,911,3000GT VR-4..... It might work better on that Camry/SC300 because it is alot harder to get twins on it and much more expensive.</font>

WAKE UP MAN! Twin Turbos are for economical purposes. Do you research and you'll see that the fastest imports are running SINGLE turbos. A single turbo supra is faster than the twin turbo, this goes for them all. Don't argue with me unless you know what you're talking about. Single turbos work better on nearly ALL imports. From Civics to Supras. One Civic in specific comes to mind that runs 9s.

There's an incredible twinturbo sc300 here. It has a supra motor in it. The guy is pushing 750+ hp, and I have seen it beat up on a viper venom 550.

The car is currently down for a rebuild, and the owner is shooting for 10's.

It's definitely not the best chassis to use for drag racing, but then again neither is a fullsize truck
smile.gif

It's definitely the only lexus i've ever seen and felt jealous of.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Condor Legion:
I almost forgot to mention this cus it was so much a waste of gas. He farted me, repeatedly, complete with shaved head yo-boy sunglasses on at night and DC tags on Rt 50 on Marylands Eastern Shore (chickenstinkin).

I pretended like I wasn't interested as he kept edging forward until by the time the opposite side went yellow he was sitting a full car length up on me. When the opposite yellow dropped, so did I. As I passed him, he completely blew a shift (sounded like about 25k on the RPM band) and I never saw him again.

I'm still pissed that there isn't a Lightning in GT3...

AND! This afternoon I found myself in a leftlane freeway duel with a 2000 Chebbie C-15 and a 2002 Chebbie Avalanche...What the (you pick the expletive) is that monstrosity!?! The Avalanche looks like a Pontiac Safari (isn't that the name of the wierd looking SUV thing from P-tiac?) on steriods with a midget truck bed. Handling and rapid acceleration from 70mph to 95+mph more than made the difference in age and the Crimson Bitch walked away with authority.

JUMP START THE FOOL,
CL

[This message has been edited by Condor Legion (edited 07-23-2001).]
</font>

What's up Condor. That wouldn't happen to have been a blue Lex was it?? I had the same experience on 695 east, near White Marsh with one of them a couple of weeks ago.

------------------
2000 Silver L
"how much can you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" Tyler Durden

I'm having a real hard time believing a SC300 with a turbo is in the 12's unless he's running an insane amount of boost, I mean 'engine exploding' insane. Maybe he is and maybe his tranny is toast because of it? If so, I'm not impressed.
I also am doing my best to swallow the concept the 'one turbo is better than 2' theory, I was always under the assumption that they used two turbos for less lag time (2 small spool faster than 1 big). BTW - I owned a modded 1990 300ZX TT, they must of just threw an extra turbo on it to make it a turd.

One last thing since your bringing up 9 second civic's, the pro class is getting it's ass kicked by a 7.847 second Ford focus.

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
Newest - Wet Okles seat covers, Roush lowering kit (waiting for install)
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5736c6.gif

[This message has been edited by DJANIMATE (edited 07-23-2001).]

Nah, in the dark it was a metallic bronzish/silver color. Drugdealer rims and tires and an exhaust the size of a K-2 football.

SMOKED HIM,
CL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJANIMATE:
I also am doing my best to swallow the concept the 'one turbo is better than 2' theory, I was always under the assumption that they used two turbos for less lag time (2 small spool faster than 1 big). BTW - I owned a modded 1990 300ZX TT, they must of just threw an extra turbo on it to make it a turd.

</font>

No,No,No, DJ... they do it for economical reasons... you know,, twin turbo's get better gas mileage and are safer than single turbo's.....

RT4U2NV is just plain full of shit.. ok did I say that loud enough?? FULL OF SHIT!!!!!!.... and you are wearing out your welcome boy!!!!!!!

You doubt every f-ing thing and you post ridiculous times and cars and kills and anything that comes into your mind.. but you never post videos nor can you prove what you say.... let me put it like this.................

URFULLOFSHIT.......IDOKNOTNVU.....get it????

------------------
85 toyota tercel

My new albums

I thought the SC300 was a bloated Supra and had the Supra's I6 in it rather than the Camry V6. I know the chassis is the same as the Supra, and thus I'd expect anything that can be done to the Supra to be able to be done to the SC300.

And it doesn't take much to make a turbo Supra run in the 12s.

BTW, guys, duals are done to reduce turbo lag and still keep the high end punch. The smaller turbo comes online first and then big brother crashes the party when the demand for airflow outpaces what the little one can provide. Or, even if they're indentical turbos, they're sized SMALLER than a single would be so that they'll spool up quicker.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1993 Probe GT - daily driver
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

Sounds like JJ is at it again! Twin turbos for economy??? FMOS has it right, two small turbos spool up quicker while still creating max boost. The CBX motorcycle I own had two turbo kits available for it. One was a single turbo, the other a twin. The twin kicked a-- all over the single, everytime. The twin turbo CBX was one SCARY ride! The single was just a handfull. LATER,

------------------
Bob
2000 WHITE LIGHTNING
#3903 born 06/14/00
Johnny Lightning Ram Air
Snug Top Bed Cover
1981 HONDA CBX
(in-line 6 cylinder)
Too Much Customizing To List.
1972 SUZUKI GT-750 LEMANS
(3 cylinder 2 stroke)
Cafe racer conversion

You guys can believe what you will. When you get to understanding imports you will know that a single turbo mod will produce better gains than twin turbo. You guys keep saying that a lot of quick cars come from the factory twin turbo. OH NO! NOT FROM THE FACTORY! Think about it. Next time I see him I'll take pictures. He has a single turbo and runs mid to high 12s. Do your research and see what the quickest imports have: one or two turbos.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Condor Legion:
Nah, in the dark it was a metallic bronzish/silver color. Drugdealer rims and tires and an exhaust the size of a K-2 football.

SMOKED HIM,
CL
</font>

LOL, drug dealer rims...
smile.gif

------------------
2000 Silver L
"how much can you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" Tyler Durden

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BLoG:
There's an incredible twinturbo sc300 here. It has a supra motor in it. The guy is pushing 750+ hp, and I have seen it beat up on a viper venom 550.

The car is currently down for a rebuild, and the owner is shooting for 10's.

It's definitely not the best chassis to use for drag racing, but then again neither is a fullsize truck
smile.gif

It's definitely the only lexus i've ever seen and felt jealous of.
</font>
Is he the one starring in the "Lexus Catchup" video? I love that video. It's a SC300 TT going after an RX-7 and a Viper.

------------------
Stevie-Ray
NLOC #606
Double Aught Red L Gofastruck, #3460 DOB 5-31
ARE LSII
BedRug
Homedics BackExpert 2000
Custom mats
SVT Front End Cover
Clear tails
Keypad Entry
JL Stage II Ram Air
2001 Ranger 4X4 Daily Driver
9993917.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gitchi Manitou (edited 07-24-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cbxer66:
Sounds like JJ is at it again! Twin turbos for economy???
</font>

I was being fececious.. I wasnt serious...

Jeff:

Once again you are right. A ES300 is the Camry clone and has a 3.0 24v DOHC V-6 in it. This engine produces 190-200 horsepower and will run a low 16 1/4 mile. A GS300/SC300 (the only difference between a GS and a SC is one is a four door and one is a coupe) use a I-6 formation and produce 15 or 20 more horsepower than than their V-6 cousins. Condor's claim of beating one is almost a definite certainty (as much as it pains me to agree with Condor HA HA). I guarantee you, that a stock G1 doesn't want to mess with the 300 horse 4.0 V-8's however. They will run high 13's - low 14's. As for JJ dogging on the Toyota engines; they build some of the most precise and dependable motors ever built.

Jeremy

Back